Generally, it is more appropriate to sterilize a male cat after six months. If it is too small, it will cause harm to the kitten.
Postoperative nursing methods and precautions:
1. Give the cat a quiet and comfortable environment. It’s best to have someone with you within two days after the operation, so that if you find that the cat has something, you can send it to the doctor in time. Cats may feel nausea and discomfort within 24 hours after anesthesia. Due to the influence of anesthetics, cats are not very conscious, this period of time may become easy to attack people, which needs to be noted.
2. Prepare a cat’s nest of enough size for the cat to lie on its back. Place the nest on the floor to avoid the cat jumping high. Female cats can be caged for a week to limit the cat’s excessive activity, which helps to heal the wound.
3. The anesthetized cat may be sensitive to light. In the cat rest area, the light with soft light should be used or turned off.
4. For cats after operation, do not immediately feed water, wait for 4 ~ 8 hours and then feed the right amount of water and food, the amount of feeding is a quarter of the usual. The variety of food should be the same as that before the operation, so as to prevent the cat from suddenly changing food and not adapt to it. You can also supplement nutrition for the cat according to the doctor’s advice. Put the food near the cat’s nest and let the cat eat it himself. Don’t force it.
5. Prepare some bean curd cat litter or paper cat litter for the cat, and avoid using the dusty bentonite sand. Because the wound is exposed to the outside after operation, the dust rich clay sand may cause the wound to be infected by dust. If the cat is using bentonite sand, tofu cat litter or paper cat litter should be gradually added into the cat toilet a few days before the cat is ready to be sterilized, so that the cat can adapt.
6. Do not let the cat go out within three weeks after operation, so as to prevent wound infection caused by contact with external bacteria. It is best not to take a bath within one month after operation. Water may lead to infection if the wound is not fully healed.
7. Pay attention to observe the healing of the cat’s wound. Generally, scab will appear in the wound within one week after operation. The wound healed gradually in two weeks, and basically recovered after three weeks. The wound of male cat recovered faster than that of female cat. If there is abnormal bleeding and swelling in the wound, the doctor should be informed in time.
8. Wear Elizabethan hoops for cats to prevent licking wounds. This is very important. Be sure to wear it. The female cat should wear it for at least two weeks and take it off after the wound is completely healed. Don’t take off the Elizabethan circle when you are soft hearted, or the cat will lick the wound that has not been fully healed.
9. When using painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for cats, follow the doctor’s advice, and don’t use them casually.
10. Pay attention to observe whether the cat’s stool and urine are normal, as well as mental state. If vomiting, diarrhea, fever, or no defecation for more than 24-48 hours, contact the veterinarian immediately.
1¡¢ Items to be prepared before operation
Air box: in order to make the cat lie in it smoothly after operation, the kind of air box or box with hard bottom is needed.
Pet diaper: cats may become incontinent due to anesthetic. It is better to have a diaper pad.
Elizabethan circle or surgical dress: after operation, the cat must be put on Elizabethan circle or surgical dress to prevent the cat from licking the wound.
Eye drops: cats in surgery eyes are mostly open, need to use moisturizing eye drops from time to time in the eyes to protect the eyes. General pet hospital will provide, can be confirmed with the doctor in advance.
Blanket: used to keep the cat warm after operation.
2¡¢ Precautions before operation
1. Clean and disinfect your home one or two days before the operation. If the weather is fine, you can take the cat’s nest and other cat products to the sun, because the cat may hide in the corner from fear after the operation, maintain environmental hygiene and reduce the risk of wound infection bacteria.
2. In order to avoid the situation that anesthetics can cause vomiting and block the trachea and cause asphyxia, it is necessary to fast for 8 hours and water for 4 hours before operation. For example, if you want to have an operation tomorrow afternoon, you will start fasting this evening, and you will remove the water bowl tomorrow morning. Do not ban water for too long, it will make the cat indicators abnormal.
3. Cut the cat’s nails two days in advance to prevent the cat from being scratched due to the cat’s resistance on the operation day.
3¡¢ The process of surgery
1. Check the cat.
General examination of blood routine, biochemical (optional), heart rate and so on. It is necessary to do pre-operative examination for cats, so that doctors can master the health of cats.
Anesthesia is a very important part of the operation. Some cats return to meow during the operation, many of them are caused by improper anesthesia. Hospital commonly used anesthesia for gas anesthesia and acupuncture anesthesia, here for you to briefly explain what is gas anesthesia and acupuncture anesthesia.
Gas anesthesia: good safety. Gas anesthesia is inhalation anesthesia, which is inhaled by cats during surgery. If there are problems during the operation, anesthesia can be stopped in time to make the cat wake up. Qi anesthesia is faster than acupuncture anesthesia, so the recovery is faster.
Disadvantages: the price is more expensive than needle and hemp.
Acupuncture anesthesia: one needle to the end. The price is much cheaper than gas hemp.
Disadvantages: poor security and inflexibility. Due to the different drug tolerance of cats, some cats will wake up early when the operation is not completely finished, while others may wake up after the operation.
For the sake of safety, conditional parents suggest to choose gas anesthesia.
The doctor will shave or remove the hair on the operation site and nearby area of the cat, which is convenient for observation and operation.
4. Start the operation.
Some pet hospitals don’t allow people other than medical staff to enter the operating room when they operate on cats. At this time, you just need to wait patiently.
5. Suture needle after operation.
For female cats, the doctor will suture the wound after sterilization, and male cats often do not need stitches because of the small surgery in vitro.
Reference: cat Baidu Encyclopedia
In China, it is suggested that the best time for sterilization is between 6 months old and 1 year old.
For male cats, sterilization is the removal of the penis. Generally, there is no need to remove the suture after the operation. On the day of the operation, you can take it home or stay in the hospital for care. After sterilization, there are the following advantages and disadvantages.
1. Advantages: temperaments become gentle and territorial consciousness becomes weak;
The expression of oestrus was reduced and the aggressiveness was weakened;
Reduce the amount of urine in cats;
Reduce the incidence of skin diseases and sexual organ lesions secondary to abnormal levels of sex hormones.
2. Disadvantages: the operation has risks, the main risk is that the cat is allergic to narcotic drugs;
You may get fat.
Notes on sterilization:
1. Ensure the cat’s health and immunity. There is a certain risk in surgery. One is from the anesthesia itself, and the other is from the pet itself. For cats who have not been vaccinated, their immune function is not complete. Once the resistance decreases, it is easy to have some infectious diseases.
2. Know the suitable time for cat sterilization. Generally, cats can be sterilized after more than 6 months. For cats, the age of 8-10 months is more suitable for sterilization. Of course, sterilization can be carried out beyond this time. It should be noted that the effect of sterilization on male cats in estrus period is not significant, but female cats in estrus can not be sterilized!
3. Choose the anesthesia method carefully. At present, there are two kinds of anesthesia, respiratory anesthesia and general injection anesthesia. Respiratory anesthesia is a kind of anesthesia controlled by a ventilator. The anesthesia does not enter the blood circulation, and the metabolism is fast. The reaction of animals to pain is not so strong, and the animals wake up relatively fast. Intravenous anesthesia is anesthesia by intravenous injection. The metabolism of the anesthesia method will be slow, and the slow recovery is also imported anesthetics. For cats, the safety factor of respiratory anesthesia is higher, and respiratory anesthesia is recommended.
4. Selection of preoperative examination items. Cats need to fast for 6-8 hours before operation. Pay attention to fasting and water deprivation! Blood routine examination and blood biochemical examination are generally recommended for preoperative examination. The former is to observe the indicators of various cells in the blood, while the latter is mainly to evaluate the function of organs, which is helpful for doctors to assess the risk of operation.
5. Postoperative care. Male cats recover faster than female cats after surgery and are more convenient to take care of. Feeding is not recommended until the anesthesia is fully recovered. This process usually takes 4-6 hours. Generally just finished sterilization, the cat’s appetite will be relatively poor, you can feed some cans, stimulate the cat’s appetite.
6. Keep in touch with the hospital or doctor. The operation has a certain consumption on the cat, so if the cat is observed to be abnormal after the operation, contact the doctor in time, and do not always seek solutions to delay the disease.
From the point of view of pet medicine, the male cat should be sterilized when it is mature and once in estrus. Because at this stage, the male cat’s reproductive and corresponding organs have been mature, the cat’s body function is also developed, the body has become strong. In terms of the age of male cats, male cats after 6-8 months of age can be sterilized. Of course, the growth of male cats is also affected by breed and environment. Therefore, it is necessary to decide when to sterilize male cats according to the actual situation.
Before sterilizing a male cat, a general examination should be carried out first. The male cat must be in good health. He must fast 24 hours before the operation and only supply water. Four hours before surgery, no water. After the operation, eye drops should be given to the male cat in time until she regains consciousness. And need to wear Elizabethan circle for it, prevent the cat to lick the wound and cause infection, the general sterilization operation is successful, the male cat will be cured in 3 days.
Male kittens can be sterilized at 7-10 months. Since anaesthesia is usually used in cat sterilization, it is recommended that a fasting, water deprivation and various examinations be carried out before the operation to ensure that there is no problem with the cat. After sterilization of cats can effectively reduce the performance of various estrus behavior, but also can reduce all kinds of reproductive system diseases, so as to indirectly extend the cat’s survival time.
Of course not. 6-8 hours after operation, water supply and cat food were given. It needs a quiet, clean environment. Wear a collar for 7 days to prevent licking.
After taking the male cat home, it is best to put it flat in the cat’s nest, not on the bed or sofa, in order to avoid falling in an unconscious state. Before the anaesthetic all fails, the owner had better accompany the male cat all the time. There are a lot of male cats will urinate in a state of unconsciousness, if not found and cleaned up in time, it is easy to dirty the wound.
Sterilization is very good for cats. It can effectively prevent folliculitis.
Extended data: feline folliculitis
Folliculitis, also known as black chin, is caused by endocrine disorders, manifested as a lot of small black spots on the chin, like cinders, and there are cat tail roots also occur, performance for the tail root always appears very dirty, tail fat glands on the tail, if blocked will be inflamed, serious may also be from purulent. There are more cases of folliculitis on the tail of male cats. It will be better after sterilization. Causes of folliculitis: cats in the age of sexual maturity, if the body’s sex hormone secretion is too strong, it will cause endocrine disorders in the body, the performance of the skin reaction is folliculitis. Male cats are more likely to develop this disease than female cats, and more often seen in the tail and chin.
Eat oily cat food.
Daily cleaning is not enough. Although cats don’t need to bathe regularly, the daily grooming of their fur can’t be ignored. If the cat’s fur rolled felt knot, long-term accumulation of grease, leading to folliculitis.
Reference: Baidu Encyclopedia – Cat folliculitis
Precautions for cats after sterilization:
After the operation, it is still necessary to go through an 8-hour fasting period, because anesthetics may cause esophageal and gastrointestinal reactions. Before the effectiveness of anesthetics completely subsides, eating and drinking is easy to choke or vomit, and block the trachea, causing danger.
No strenuous exercise after operation
It is forbidden to take strenuous exercise in half a day and one day after operation in male cats to prevent wound dehiscence.
Reference: Tips for sterilizing cats
It’s OK. It’s OK. The anesthetic is not strong enough. The tongue is not easy to use, and the teeth are not easy to use. So you can’t chew it. His stomach is not very digestible. So he vomited. If you look carefully, his mouth is still closed. His tongue is hard and drooping in front. It’s OK. Normally, you should feed the next morning. At that time, the anesthetic is completely over. Everything is normal, but don’t feed too much to make him comfortable Should be, my big baby is also like this, you don’t worry ha, three days later began to be naughty!
Yes, the anesthetic is not strong, the tongue is not easy to use, the teeth are not easy to use, so chewing is not rotten, the stomach is not very digestible, so spit, you look carefully, his mouth is still closed, the tongue is hard in front of the droop, nothing, normal should be fed the next morning, when the anesthetic is completely over, everything is normal, but don’t feed too much, let him fit Answer
Some cats will stagger around once they wake up. At this time, the anesthetic effect has not been completely dissipated. If the cat is not conscious, it must follow, so as to avoid bumping and injury and jumping with brute force.
Male cats will urinate once after waking up. The amount is very large. Moreover, because of the effect of anesthetics, he often vaguely chooses the place where he will not urinate at ordinary times to solve the problem, such as on the bed or in the wardrobe. At this time, try not to intimidate him, and it is better to prevent and guide him. The urine of some cats and cats will be bloody and stained orange red, which should be normal. Closely observe the subsequent reactions.
Diet after operation: it is suggested to buy Formula Canned Cat from pet hospital, feed the cat for 2 days after operation, and then slowly change back to ordinary canned cat and cat food. If you can’t buy the canned formula, you can make it yourself. Don’t take too much at one time. It’s only enough to finish two stutters. Heat to body temperature if necessary.
The male cat operation is a small extracorporeal operation, which does not need stitches. It basically returns to normal 2 days after operation.
If you don’t vomit after drinking it, there’s no big problem.
Cat, belonging to the cat family, is a more extensive family pet in the world. The ancestors of domestic cats are supposed to be desert cats originated in ancient Egypt, Persian cats in Persia, which have been domesticated by humans for 3500 years (but not completely domesticated like dogs).
General cat: head round, face short, forelimb five fingers, hind limbs four toes, toe tip with sharp and curved claws, claws can stretch. Nocturnal sex.
Hunting other animals by ambush, most of them can climb trees. There are fat pads on the bottom of the cat’s toes to avoid making noises when walking and not to scare rats away when hunting. The claws are in a contraction state when they are on the road to prevent the claws from being blunt, and will be extended when catching rats and climbing rocks.
You can’t eat for 24 hours. After that, you can feed some liquid food. The cat’s stomach is sensitive. In the future, you can feed some Changwei Bao every day to regulate the gastrointestinal function and increase appetite. It is a carnivorous animal. It likes to eat meat, but can’t eat more. It can’t be digested (it can be fed after 3 months). When feeding cat food, don’t eat too much, or the stool will be too thin. Remember to feed regularly and quantitatively, in this way, do not always feed snacks, and to ensure that there is enough boiled water every day, put it in the bowl so that it can drink at any time
Cat (English name cat), also known as cat, domestic cat, wild cat, belongs to the cat family. Separated cat and wild cat are widely used in families all over the world. The ancestors of domestic cats are supposed to be desert cats from ancient Egypt and Persian cats from Persia, which have been domesticated by humans for 3500 years (but not completely domesticated like dogs). General cat: head round, face short, forelimb five fingers, hind limbs four toes, toe tip with sharp and curved claws, claws can stretch. Nocturnal sex. Hunting other animals by ambush, most of them can climb trees.
After sterilization, water can be fed 6 hours after sterilization, preferably after the next day. However, if the cat’s anesthetic has been smooth in the past, you can also give a small amount after 6 hours. After all, fasting before surgery, too long did not eat, but must not be too much, and the best soft food (canned or wonderful fresh package) based, please carefully observe, 12 hours after the operation, the cat must take the initiative to urinate, otherwise contact the doctor immediately.
Food and drink can be given 5 hours after operation.
The usual diet is OK, but fish is not suitable for cats,
These five small places, it is best to lock up the cat, do not let it out, or it will run around, the wound is not good scab.
Hold up fierce you because very painful,,, building lord calm, generally do not move that day, the wound almost scab.
In a few days, the shell on the peach will be off.
After the male cat is sterilized, as long as the first hiss, there is nothing to worry about.