What are the disadvantages of raising Dutch pigs?
Nowadays, keeping pets is a common phenomenon. More and more people deal with pets in order to relieve their loneliness and anxiety. There are cats, dogs, birds, turtles, and even Alpaca However, a small number of people also have personalized pets, such as Dutch pigs. If you haven’t heard the name of the Dutch pig, do you think it’s similar to a domestic pig?
In fact, the Dutch pig is a kind of guinea pig family rodents, namely guinea pigs, also known as guinea pigs, guinea pigs and so on. In fact, the Dutch pig has long been extinct in the wild. Before the extinction, the Dutch pig lived in the original grassland habitat in the wild, and later existed as a pet around the world. It is not big, relatively short limbs, cute appearance, is a very cute pet. But the sense of smell and hearing are more developed, the courage is also very small, can make a strong response to some sensitive stimuli, classified as nocturnal animals. Therefore, if you want to raise a Dutch pig, you must understand it in advance. Don’t blindly raise it. Try to understand the precautions of raising Dutch pig in advance, so as not to be too comfortable after raising. So what are the disadvantages of Dutch pigs?
01, heavy body odor
If you want to raise a Dutch pig, you must take care of its living environment. The Dutch pig is not too dirty, but its body odor is heavy, but clean owners can’t often take a bath for it because of its heavy body odor. Especially in winter, it should not be more than once a month. Of course, can also start from other aspects to remove the odor, the host can frequently clean up, the best in its excreta under the sawdust and other cushion materials, can reduce the odor emission.
02. If you get angry, you may catch someone
The Dutch pig used to be a gregarious animal. It had a bad habit of catching people. When it was in a bad mood, it would hide in a small corner. At this time, the owner had better not reach out and touch it to avoid being scratched. In addition, the Dutch pig is less daring and more alert. It is better for the owner not to frighten it casually so as to avoid being scratched or bitten by it.
03, nocturnal animals, make noise at night
Because the Dutch pig is a nocturnal animal, it will inevitably make some sounds at night when it is the most energetic, which will disturb the sleep of its owner. When a Dutch pig is angry, it may also make a call. Therefore, if the host is afraid of affecting his sleep, he can put it in the living room, so that he will not disturb his rest.
04, bacterial transmission
In fact, keeping any pet will inevitably have bacteria spread, of course, Dutch pig is no exception, but due to the stronger resistance of human beings, the bacteria carried by Dutch pigs have little impact on human beings, so owners need not worry too much. Pay attention to observe the health condition of domestic Dutch pig, and clean it up. If you are really worried, the owner can also take the Dutch pig to the pet hospital for physical examination within a fixed time, so as to enhance the awareness of protection and health.
Slow cooked, too late to sleep, can eat, very smelly.
It’s better for Dutch pigs to eat professional food, not to feed them casually. Drinking water should be clean and cool, otherwise it is easy to get wet tail disease. Moore Dutch pig and rabbit and hamster grow like teeth. In addition to not feeding too soft food, you should also prepare some molar toys. The Dutch pig is a nocturnal animal, so we play with it at night. Dutch pigs eat at night, so you should eat more before you go to bed.
Dutch pigs are very tasty, especially in summer. Try feeding a deodorant rat food to the Dutch pigs. In addition, you should always change the mat, or you should often bath the Dutch pig. Unlike hamsters, Dutch pigs can be raised together. However, we should pay attention to the choice of body shape, otherwise the weakness will be eliminated. A man and a woman should be psychologically prepared and grow up.
Piglets are usually fat and don’t usually stand up. Many people sometimes like to lure them to stand up with food. Little Dutch pigs will stand on their necks to get enough food, and sometimes even fall down, but I don’t recommend that, at least don’t let them fall.
When they were children, maybe it was not a big problem, but after six months, they became fat, so it was easy to stare at them. When you give them food, you should be careful not to let their heads fall too far.
The disadvantage of raising a Dutch pig is that it has a strong taste, and it needs to take a bath regularly. There are no other disadvantages.
However, there are some reasons for raising Dutch pigs
1. Although the Dutch pig will control the right amount of it, you must keep the pot full at all times, because it may need to eat at any time, and the pig should choose ceramic or stainless steel with certain weight and not easy to be knocked over.
2. Most animals can have vitamin C in their bodies, with the exception of Dutch pigs. Raising a Dutch pig needs to supplement vitamin C for it. While feeding special feed, you can match some vegetables and fruits for it to eat. It’s a good idea to give it fruits after eating.
3. Food timothy grass must be provided, and an unlimited amount of feed should be added in the morning and in the evening (unlimited alfalfa hay was recommended six months ago, and unlimited timothy grass was recommended after six months).
4. Some taboo food: first of all, bean products, such as: tofu, tofu contains more calcium, which will react with oxalic acid in some vegetables to produce calcium oxalate, which will have a harmful effect on the body of guinea pigs
5. Secondly, the guinea pig has a very sensitive sense of smell, and will have a disgust to some food with heavy smell, so try not to feed it food with heavy smell.
Special attention: it has too many natural enemies. When you go out, you should be careful to eat rats, cats, dogs and other animals.
What you should know before you get a pig:
1. Dutch pig is also a constant temperature animal. Although it has fur, it is still afraid of cold and heat, and likes to live in a warm and quiet environment.
2. Too strong light, will cause pig eye stab, pigs are naturally afraid of water, so do not let pigs long-term exposure to strong sunlight, do not try to let pigs swim.
3. Although they have a certain mind, they are pets after all, and they may not understand every word of you. They will not change their nests and clean up their excrement. Therefore, please be patient and loving. You should clean and take care of them by yourself. Regular cleaning can make you have a clean pig.
4. Pets have more or less some flavor, pigs are no exception, so people who are particularly sensitive to smell should consider whether they can accept it.
5. Pigs may not be able to accompany you for life, but a master is its life. Pigs are adapted to family rearing and have no independent living ability. Compared with general rodent pets, pigs have a longer life span and generally can survive for 7-10 years under healthy conditions. Therefore, be prepared for long-term rearing before adoption. If you adopt, please cherish your time with it. Don’t let it go at will. Because of special reasons, it can’t be raised. Please look for a family who can continue to take care of it.
6. Although pigs can be raised close to human beings, don’t expect the pigs that have just been brought home to get together with you. There is always a stage for them to adapt to. Please keep them patiently and wait for them to be familiar with the home environment and adapt to the changes of living environment.
7. Because of genetic factors, pigs are naturally unable to get vitamin C. lack of vitamin C will cause septicemia and cause pig death! So we should pay attention to it.
8. In the early stage of Dutch pig feeding, the equipment input is about 100 ~ 200 yuan, and after that, the minimum monthly cost of each pig is about 30 ~ 50 yuan. Before adoption, you need to consider your financial situation before making a decision.
Dutch pigs smell big and bad, with fleas and lice, and may carry bacteria, which can affect health.
Dutch researchers point out that rodents like Dutch pigs may carry bacteria that cause severe pneumonia. Dr. Bart Ramakers, a Dutch intensive care physician and the author of the latest report, pointed out that doctors and veterinary doctors should pay more attention to the fact that doctors and veterinary doctors did not think that the pathogen could infect humans, but this study found that the pathogen could be transmitted from Dutch pigs to humans. The bacteria are also found in rabbits, dogs and horses.
When Dutch pigs are constantly rubbing their bodies (especially ears) and shedding hair, their owners should suspect whether they are infected with fleas or lice. These parasites not only affect the health of Dutch pigs, but also can infect their owners. Under normal circumstances, as long as the owners ensure that the Dutch pig living environment is clean and regular disinfection, there will be no infection of Atrina or lice. If they are infected by ectoparasites, they can be easily eliminated by insecticides. It should be noted that when the Dutch pigs are infected with parasites, their owners should immediately isolate them and feed them until the parasites are completely removed.
Skin disease is another susceptible disease of Dutch pigs. Skin diseases caused by mold can cause hair loss in the diseased parts of Dutch pigs, and this disease can also be transmitted to people and their own species. Once it is found that Dutch pigs suffer from this disease, the owner should immediately do three things to treat the Dutch pigs in time, disinfect their houses and feed them in isolation. You should also pay attention to the cleaning of your hands to prevent infection by mold. The blue pigs like to eat fruits very much. If you feed grapes, cut the grapes in half and make sure there are no seeds in them. Don’t feed bananas to Dutch pigs! Because bananas are rich in potassium, they can cause urinary tract diseases in Dutch pigs.
The disadvantage of raising Dutch pigs is that they taste very strong, especially in summer.
The method of Dutch pig breeding is as follows:
1. Guinea pigs are also called guinea pigs, Dutch mice, Dutch pigs, sea pigs, etc., hereinafter referred to as Dutch pigs.
2. Dutch pigs are also warm blooded animals. Although they have fur, they are still afraid of cold and heat. They like to live in a warm and quiet environment.
Too strong light can cause puncture in the pig’s eyes. Pigs are naturally afraid of water, so don’t let them be exposed to strong sunlight for a long time, and don’t let them swim.
3. There are two ways to raise pigs: cages, as the name suggests, in cages. Its advantages are easy to manage and easy to clean. The disadvantage is that pigs are angry or may eat bites and sounds that affect the environment.
4. Free range, as opposed to cage, has the advantage of making it easier for pigs to adapt to their owners. The disadvantage is that pigs who don’t go to the toilet are just nightmares, urinating or defecating.
5. The staple food is Dutch pig food and grass. Both are necessary. Infinity, other similar fruits and vegetables, you can give him a snack.
Although the Dutch pig controls its own amount, it must keep the food bowl full because it may need to eat at any time. It should be made of ceramic or stainless steel. It has a certain weight and is not easy to overturn. Some taboo food: first of all, bean products, such as: tofu, tofu contains more calcium, which will react with oxalic acid in some vegetables to form calcium oxalate, which will have a harmful effect on the body of guinea pigs.
6. The first time, the most common standard: a cage 30, a packet of 2.5 kg of food (a pig enough to eat two months) 21 yuan. Two pounds of grass (a pig a month) 20 yuan, a total of more than 70 yuan. This is basically the minimum investment. If you want better cages or food, it depends on your financial situation.
There is no harm in raising Dutch pigs. You just need to master the feeding skills.
What Dutch pigs can eat
1. Fruit. Dutch pigs like to eat fruit very much. It can be eaten: apple, orange, watermelon can also (watermelon as little as possible feeding will be thinning). If you feed grapes, cut the grapes in half and make sure there are no seeds in them.
2. Vegetables. Some vegetables that Dutch pigs like to eat are: lettuce with long leaves or red leaves, parsley with wrinkled leaves, cabbage without head, green beans, carrots, eggplant, dandelion leaves, chicory, green pepper (not spicy), tomatoes and so on. Wash vegetables before feeding.
3. Snacks. Give some alfalfa and berry snacks, oil-free raw sunflower kernels. These things are very oily. Pay attention not to give too much each time.
¢Ù Timothy grass: suitable for daily consumption, it can help digestion, help pigs to regulate their intestines and stomach, prevent pigs from being too fat, and can also play the role of grinding teeth.
¢Ú Alfalfa: proper feeding (2-3 times a week), because alfalfa is very rich in calcium, too much intake for a long time can lead to kidney stones in pigs and pigs, but Dutch pigs prefer to eat alfalfa.
What Dutch pigs can’t eat
1. Vegetables. Other vegetables that should be avoided are spinach, onions, leeks, potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, and lettuce. These foods can cause diarrhea, bloating and poisoning in Dutch pigs.
2. Chocolate, coffee. Chocolate contains theobromine that can poison Dutch pigs, and not coffee, which can paralyze the heart. Snack class all people eat snacks are not allowed, in addition to the taste is too heavy, which add some chemical ingredients, may cause harm to the Dutch pig’s body!
3. Bananas. Do not feed bananas to Dutch pigs, because excessive potassium in bananas can lead to urinary tract diseases.
4. Cooked food processed by human beings cannot be eaten. For example, Dutch pigs don’t eat meat.
matters needing attention
¢Ù Although the Dutch pig will control the right amount of food by itself, you must keep the pot full at all times, because it may need to eat at any time.
¢Ú Most animals can have vitamin C in their bodies, with the exception of Dutch pigs. Raising a Dutch pig needs to supplement vitamin C for it. While feeding special feed, you can match some vegetables and fruits for it to eat. It’s a good idea to give it fruits after eating.
Dutch pigs stink and have to feed special things at any time, or they will always nibble at the things at home.
Dutch pig to eat special food, can not casually feed it to eat. More can not in the usual time to throw their own food to it to eat, this is very easy to lead to its gastrointestinal problems. If there’s something wrong with the stomach, it’s going to cause problems with its physical function.
Drinking water can not be casually fed, ordinary mineral water is also best not to feed, to give it water. The general mineral water has too many minerals and is not suitable for the growth of its body. So pay attention to water feeding.
2¡¢ Prepare some molar toys
Dutch pigs are rodents, so like rabbits and mice, their teeth will grow infinitely. So when it grows teeth, it will definitely gnaw something.
In the usual time to prepare some molar toys, so that it can not damage some of the home things. This is necessary. And you need to do this on the first day, because it is possible that it will start gnawing at your home on the first day.
Dutch pig this kind of pet is very smelly, so when raising it, we must pay attention to deodorization. Whether in winter or in summer, it is important to keep indoor ventilation. Otherwise your home will be full of these smells, and will not disappear for a long time. When necessary, you can give it some special food, which can play a deodorizing effect.
4¡¢ Easy to miscarriage
If you have a male and a female Dutch pig in your family, you should be aware that it may have a baby. And it is very easy to miscarry if it has a baby. They are pets that can’t be frightened. Once frightened, it is very easy to cause abortion. Maybe a little alarm it will miscarriage, so we must be very careful.
It has to be very careful when it’s pregnant. If you don’t take good care of it, it is very likely that one corpse and two lives will occur. This kind of consequence is very serious. Also look up some related books, you can better take care of pregnant it.
5¡¢ You may need to eat at any time
Although the Dutch pig said that usually can’t eat too much food, but you must put its food pot inside full. Although it said that it may not eat anything at one time, it needs to eat something occasionally, just like people eat snacks. You need something to eat at any time, so you need to prepare a lot for it.
Dutch pig, or guinea pig. The biggest harm of raising Dutch pig to human body is health problem. Dutch pig is easy to carry some germs. If it is not cleaned in time during the feeding process, it is easy to be infected to human beings. Therefore, it is necessary to keep the environment clean and tidy.
Dutch pigs are more difficult to take care of. The habit of Dutch pigs is relatively timid. During pregnancy, they are more afraid of people and have a more gentle character. Therefore, human beings should not often make fun of them and make fun of them.
Guinea pigs inhabit rocky slopes, grasslands, forest margins and marshes. In small groups of 5-10, they live in caves at night and eat plant-based food. They have no special requirements on food. They are strong and not easy to get sick. They mainly eat the green part of plants. They mainly eat weeds. They like to eat fresh fruits and vegetables such as green peppers, lettuce and cherry tomatoes. However, food containing too much water such as fruits and vegetables should not be overfeeded, which is easy to cause diarrhea in guinea pigs. They should not eat cruciferous and starchy things.
Guinea pigs have a well-developed sense of smell and hearing. They are highly sensitive to various stimuli, such as sound, smell and temperature mutation. Therefore, they are prone to develop pneumonia in cloudy and cold environments, causing abortion and abortion when they are frightened.
Baidu Encyclopedia guinea pig
Two advantages of raising Dutch pigs at home
1. It’s clumsy and cute, unlike hamsters or squirrels, once they run, they can’t be caught. It’s very suitable for children or old people.
2. Its price is not high, and it does not need professional feeding equipment. As long as we prepare a cage of appropriate size, fresh water and food every day, often play with it, and regularly clean the nest, it can grow healthily and happily. If it is cooked, it will come out to meet you when you come home from work, and will run to you to ask for food.
The cost of feeding black guinea pigs is very low, only 3 cents a day. ” Black porpoise is an omnivorous animal, corn flour, wheat bran, rice bran, corn leaves, leaves, vegetables, peel, carrots, sweet potato, etc. can be used as feed. It costs only three cents a day Black porpoise is an omnivorous animal, corn flour, wheat bran, rice bran, corn leaves, leaves, vegetables, peel, carrots, sweet potato, etc. can be used as feed. The meat of black porpoise mouse is tender, delicious and has strong game characteristics. It is rich in melanin and anti-cancer elements zinc and selenium. Its content of trace element iron is three times as much as that of soft shelled turtle. It has the effect of nourishing and nourishing the face. It has a good regulating effect on malnutrition, anemia, insomnia, low appetite and fatigue.
Guinea pigs are very timid, and the general sound will frighten them. If you want to be friendly with it, don’t frighten it. In the first few days, you can feed it with food in your hand, and then it will be familiar with your taste. My guinea pig will be scared by the sound of the lighter…
1. Food, I usually feed guinea pigs to eat guinea pig food, which is sold online or in small pet shops like rabbits, because it contains almost all the nutrition needed by guinea pigs, and the price is not expensive. It can be eaten for a long time in a big bag of tens of yuan. In addition, guinea pigs must be supplemented with vitamin C. if they can’t produce VC, they need to rely on the supply to supplement the demand of VC. They can only eat a little fruit and fresh vegetables every day (guinea pigs lacking VC will have weak hind feet). In addition, be sure to change enough clean water every day.
2. Temperature, when it’s too hot in summer, don’t put them in the air-conditioning room. Once the air conditioner is turned on and off, they are easy to catch a cold, and the little pet is very troublesome to catch a cold. You fill a mineral water bottle with water, freeze it into ice in the refrigerator, and place it close to the cage (you can put some salt in the water to slow the ice melting). Or find them a piece of tile, metal and so on, you can enjoy the cool. Don’t get in the sun.
3. Clean. In summer, you can give your guinea pig a bath. It’s better not to use human bath gel. If you can’t buy a professional bath gel for cats and dogs, you can buy a bottle of bath gel for cats and dogs. The temperature of guinea pigs is higher than that of human beings. Choose a warm sunny day to take a bath. After washing, you must blow dry it. They will tremble. But if the hair on your body is dry, it will be OK. If you eat something, you will not shake. In addition, the cage or place where rats are kept must be dry. There are sawdust specially sold for guinea pigs on the Internet to clean and absorb water.
4. Guinea pigs have specific calls, and different calls represent different needs. You can search on the Internet, “guinea pig calls”, there is that MP3 format, you can directly listen to, you compare your own guinea pigs, probably know what they mean~
Have a good time
If a Dutch pig is a pet, pay attention to disease prevention and parasite prevention, do a good job in cage disinfection, generally there is no problem. At present, guinea pigs have fewer common diseases than other animals, even much less than cats and dogs. However, it is worth noting that some diseases of Dutch pigs, such as Salmonella, pasteurella and Escherichia coli, are zoonotic diseases. However, it is interesting that at present, it seems that the infection is usually from human to Dutch mice, and very few from Dutch mice to humans, because the impact of these two pathogens on human beings is very small, and most people do not have any reaction after infection (weak people will have mild reactions, Enterobacter and Salmonella can cause abdominal discomfort, and Pasteurella can cause cold and upper respiratory tract Infection can be solved by taking two amoxicillin tablets). Most people are carriers of these pathogens (these bacteria are commonly found in most animals, such as rabbits, cats and dogs). Therefore, in the guinea pig farm, strict management will be carried out on the people entering the breeding area to prevent the transmission of diseases to guinea pigs. If the guinea pigs get sick, these diseases are fatal. In terms of parasites, Dutch mice, like other pets, have various parasites, such as mites, lice and fleas. Lice generally eat hair (guinea pigs eat lice), there is no condition for the human body. Washing your hair or taking a bath will do it. Flea headache write, but Dutch rats have flea is not likely, because they are very small, flea living space is not big, if there are and jump on people, as long as the clothes are washed with water bubble, then in the bath, finally disinfect the room. Mite is the most headache. This small bug is commonly found in all kinds of animals (people also have it, and 75% of the people are infected with mites). Because mites are generally subcutaneous and have no obvious symptoms on the surface, treatment and detection are relatively difficult. At present, it is generally solved by washing face with soap to remove mites. Parasites in the body are relatively safe. Parasites in the intestines of herbivores generally do not run to meat eaters, but some should pay attention to.
It is not suitable for people with allergic constitution
Dutch pig generally refers to guinea pigs
Guinea pig, also known as Dutch mouse, Dutch pig, guinea pig and guinea pig, is classified as mammalian rodent, guinea pig family. Although the name is Dutch pig and guinea pig, the animal is neither pig nor from Holland or Guinea. Their ancestors came from the Andes of South America. According to biochemical and hybridization analysis, guinea pigs are domesticated offspring of related species such as C. aperea, C. fulgida or C. tschudii. Therefore, this animal no longer exists in nature. Guinea pigs play an important role in the folk culture of South America. They are not only a source of food, but also a source of medicine and religious rituals. With the progress of society, guinea pigs are no longer just sacrifice or food, more people take this kind of cute little animals as pets!
Guinea pig  (t ¨² n sh ¨³) is a valuable multi-purpose herbivore with both skin and meat. The adult body weight of Dutch pig is 1-1.5kg, the body length is 20-30cm, the fur is tight and glossy. There are 15 species belonging to 5 genera, which is a special product of South America.
Disadvantages: may cause allergic reaction
Prospects of black porpoise breeding
At present, the number of edible black porpoise is in serious shortage. The provenance and commodity prices have soared. In the Guangdong market, a commodity black porpoise has been sold for more than 40 yuan. Many high-grade restaurants have eaten the black porpoise to replace the cat civet that has been destroyed. However, the price of provenance in Chengdu has reached more than 200 yuan per pair. Black porpoise is a rare herbivorous animal. Its meat is delicate and delicious, rich in wild fragrance, rich in vitamins and amino acids, and rich in anti-cancer elements zinc and selenium. The iron content of the black porpoise is three times that of the wild turtle. The skin of the black porpoise is rich in gum, and its eating is fat and glutinous, which is better than the turtle skirt. Porpoise is a kind of green food with high protein, low fat and low cholesterol. It has the characteristics of easy cooking and crispness. It has a unique flavor when used in Sichuan hot pot, which makes people salivate. In ancient China, there was a habit of eating porpoise meat, and it was selected as a high-grade wild dish into the Chinese famous menu. The delicacy of black porpoise has been proved by the old saying “turtledove in the sky and black porpoise on the ground” since ancient times. Black porpoise is also known as soft diamond and * * in black food because of its pure black body. At present, in Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Nanning, Chengdu market has been in short supply
Cost input of black porpoise breeding
1. Feeding room: 44 square meters, 80 yuan per square meter, 3520 yuan in total.
2. Breeding cages: 104, each 12 yuan, a total of 1248 yuan.
3. Delivery, heat preservation double box: 104, each 6 yuan, a total of 624 yuan.
4. Breeding ponds: 3 medium ponds, 30 yuan each, a total of 90 yuan; 3 large ponds, 50 yuan each, a total of 150 yuan. The total is 240 yuan.
5. Introduction fee: the black porpoise reproduces very fast, only 100 are needed to breed 300 breeding porpoises, and then one male and two female are selected as one group, totally 100 groups. 100 introduced, 25 yuan each, 2500 yuan in total.
6. Feed turnover fund: 300 120 days, 0.05 yuan per day, a total of 1800 yuan.
7. Water and electricity, epidemic prevention and anti-epidemic products totaled 500 yuan.
8. Feeding utensils 200 yuan.
9. The cost of grass seedling is 100 yuan.
10. The unpredictable expenditure (the sum of 1-9 items ¡Á 15%) is 1609.8 yuan.
The total amount of the above 1-10 items is 123400 yuan, and the investment estimate is 12000 yuan.
Profit return of black porpoise breeding
1. Income from commercial meat porpoise
Based on the average survival rate of 3.5 and 5 births per year per female, a total of 15 offspring were bred in one year. 200 female porpoises give birth to 3000 babies a year, excluding 200 left in the same year. From the time of self breeding and self-cultivation, 2800 commercial meat porpoises can be sold in the first year. After 120 days of rearing, each porpoise weighs 0.65 kg, 38 yuan per kg, and each is sold for 24.7 yuan, with an income of 6916 yuan.
2. Feeding cost
¢Ù The annual feed for breeding and breedin