No. To sterilize a cat, it is necessary to sterilize it after it has reached adulthood and has its first estrus.
When the cat is in estrus, sterilization should be avoided. Because at this time the blood concentration of sex hormone is high, surgery will cause excessive bleeding, and hormone will make the urine, fighting and other estrous behavior remain in the memory of the cat, affecting the behavior after KC. Should wait for a period of time, waiting for the cat to temporarily stop oestrus before surgery.
What should be paid attention to when the cat is sterilized:
After the operation, before the cat wakes up, it should be laid flat on its back, never nest to the neck, so as to avoid suffocation. (especially on the way home with your cat)
2 to 3 days after the operation, if the cat is found to have wound secretions, high temperature symptoms, to the hospital in time. After 9 months of male cats, the female cats are sufficient for sterilization at 4-9 months. Generally speaking, purebred cats mature later than domestic cats.
Guarantee cat food and water supply at ordinary times. Clear water is best pure water, or cold water, do not give cats drinking tap water, north water is hard, cats easily cause kidney stones.
1. Yes, the estrus season of male cats is relatively long (about 5-6 times a year). If there is no sterilization, the owner should find a healthy female cat for him every time. Moreover, the physiological period can’t be changed. It’s very painful for the cat, and it’s easy to get urinary diseases. At the same time, during the estrus period, it’s also irritable, easy to jump out of a building, or run away from home. It’s really painful for cats not to be sterilized.
2. In addition, sterilization is really good for cats. It can eliminate the symptoms of estrus. The mood of cats will be more stable, they will not bark, they will not urinate everywhere, and they will not always want to run outside. At the same time, it will increase the cat’s appetite, more adapt to family life, avoid the need for estrus to consume energy, and can appropriately extend the life span.
1. When the cat grows to sexual maturity, it will appear the characteristics of estrus. For cats, oestrus is a physiological rather than a craving. Both male and female cats have the characteristics of oestrus, but there are subtle differences between them. When the male cat is in estrus, the most obvious characteristic is “enuresis” behavior, and incessantly howls at night.
2. Different from female cats in estrus, the reproductive system of male cats is congested during estrus, and blood carrying mucus will not flow out. At the same time, the mood of male cats will become restless. They will try their best to run away from home and go out to find their own partners. And also like to keep howling in the night, making the neighborhood can not sleep.
3. When a cat is in estrus, if there is no chance of sexual intercourse, then the estrus of the cat will be intermittent and continuous. The estrus period may last for about 20 days, but the interval between them will be shortened, and the estrus state of the cat will be more and more serious. If you don’t want your cat to reproduce, it’s better to consider taking your cat for sterilization after its normal estrus is over.
Reference: fenghuang.com – cat’s oestrus
Male cats can be sterilized during estrus. However, when vaccinated, they can wait for the oestrus of the cat to pass, and then get the whole vaccine immediately. However, this process will take more than a month. The cat may still be in estrus, and there may be delay, which is more troublesome.
Today’s cats mature early will be in 5 months – 7 months when estrus, most of them in 7 – 9 months when estrus. Female cats in estrus, eyes bright, loss of appetite, increased activity, like to go out wandering, especially at night, appears restless. Male cats usually urinate everywhere after estrus.
When the cat grows to sexual maturity, it will appear the characteristics of estrus. For cats, oestrus is physiological, not craving. Both male and female cats have the characteristics of oestrus, but there are subtle differences between them. When the male cat in estrus, the most obvious characteristic is “enuresis” behavior, and in the night non-stop, loud howling.
When male cats are in estrus, they like to urinate everywhere. This so-called “enuresis” behavior has nothing to do with excretion in essence. It is not to empty the bladder urine, but to divide the field. When a male cat is in estrus, he will take a standing position, hold his tail high, and spray urine on a vertical object. When spraying urine, the tail will be accompanied with shaking phenomenon. They spray their urine all over the place, so as to leave their own smell in a wider range, so as to facilitate the smooth search for themselves.
Unlike the female in estrus, male cats love you miraculously in estrus, and the reproductive system is congested without bleeding mucus. At the same time, the mood of male cats will also become restless, they will try their best to run away from home, to find their own sex object outdoors. And also like to keep howling in the night, will make the neighborhood can not sleep peacefully.
When a cat is in estrus, if a cat does not have a chance to have sex, then the estrus of the cat will be intermittent and continuous. The estrus period may last for about 20 days, but the interval between them will be shortened, and the state of the cat’s oestrus will be more and more serious. If the owner doesn’t want the cat to breed, then after the cat’s normal estrus is over, you can go to
Pet hospital to do sterilization surgery, which can also put an end to the emergence of male cats in estrus and estrus characteristics.
It depends on whether it is male or female. Generally speaking, the oestrus of the mother lasts about one week, and it is hard to say the male
It’s better not to sterilize in estrus. The blood vessels of wool are congested during estrus, and the operation may cause massive bleeding.
How old can a cat be sterilized
When a cat matures, it can be sterilized. Generally speaking, 6-8 months old is the best time for sterilizing cats. Early implementation of sterilization surgery, cats recover quickly, the risk of disease is low. Many parents of sterilized cats reported that cats who had been sterilized earlier tended to be pure and happy.
Don’t worry ~ cat’s estrus will be like this ~ after surgery will not~
It can be sterilized ~ but have cats been vaccinated?
If you have never been vaccinated before the operation, you’d better choose a good hospital to do it, or you’ll be in trouble in case of infection during the operation. C
It’s best to consult a doctor! Cats who have been sterilized can prolong their life and become docile. Cats who do not want to go out and may lose their lives. They will also suffer from inflammation due to congestion. The most important thing is that there are so many stray cats now. If they are allowed to reproduce without surgery, it will be a great social problem. There are too few people who really like cats. Many people think that they don’t like to throw them away when they grow up. They are very poor! Can you bear to see more kittens abandoned? I suggest surgery, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages!
It’s the most convenient way for male cats to be sterilized. Female cats suffer a lot, but it’s nothing. Male cats recover immediately after surgery. It’s impossible to restrain male cats’ estrus by fighting with female cats. Male cats are different from female cats. If you want to avoid estrus, you have to operate. There is no other way, or you can bear to listen to it every day But the male cat often oestrus, will affect the appetite, will become thinner and thinner, is not good for the body at all
Some doctors say that at this time, because of the congestion of sexual organs, it will lead to serious bleeding. But I heard a doctor say that the ovarian congestion and swelling is very good to distinguish, and can also be removed very clean, not to do not do clean and re estrus situation, my cat is the estrus period to do, I had the whole process, only two cotton ball blood, very little, and the knife edge is also small, three needles I think it’s better to look for students or teachers majoring in animal husbandry
The risk of sterilizing cats during estrus is high
During the estrus period, the hormone secretion in the cat is increased, which leads to hyperemia and swelling of the cat. At this time, sterilization of the cat will increase the risk of operation and cause massive bleeding. Therefore, doctors at home and abroad generally suggest that cats should not be operated on during oestrus, and it is better to do it after oestrus.
Yes, male cats who have not been sterilized will urinate everywhere during estrus.
After sterilization, there would be no similar situation. However, you should pay attention to the fact that estrus may occur within half a month to one month after sterilization, because the hormones in cats need a certain amount of metabolic time. When the hormones are metabolized, it will be OK. Don’t be surprised then.