Cat is a kind of polychaete animal. In addition to hair loss and scales, cats often carry parasites such as tinea, fleas and Toxoplasma gondii. Close contact may pose health risks to human body.
Among them, the most common is tinea felis. After finding the symptoms of tinea felis, you should go to the hospital in time to avoid scratching. Feline ringworm is not difficult to treat, most people can be cured by applying antifungal ointment. For some serious cases, oral antifungal drugs can be cured within one to two weeks.
For infectious diseases, first of all, to ensure the health of pets themselves, at the same time to maintain the ventilation and cleanliness of the home environment, the risk of infection will be greatly reduced.
The elderly, children, pregnant women and other people with low immunity or with immune deficiency diseases should pay more attention, because these people are more likely to be infected, such as cat scratch disease, toxoplasmosis and other very rare zoonotic infectious diseases in the general population. If people encounter poor immunity, it may have a serious impact.
Reference source: People’s Daily – addicted to “sucking cats”, don’t forget the health risks behind it
Once bitten or scratched by the cat, the wound should be disinfected with 2% iodine liquor immediately, and antibiotics should be taken according to the situation. If the situation is unstable, you should go to the hospital as soon as possible. If it develops into cat scratch disease, the course of disease will be prolonged and it should be treated carefully under the guidance of doctors. Children with cats are also prone to toxoplasmosis, which is due to the fact that cat feces contain a kind of Toxoplasma oocysts. When people eat water and food contaminated by the oocysts, they will have fever, weakness of limbs, muscle soreness, hepatosplenomegaly, jaundice and other diseases
Dogs, cats and mice belong to an up and down chain of infection,
If the sick rabies bites a cat and the bitten cat bites the mouse, the rabies virus will spread among the three kinds of animals. Once the cat or mouse infected with rabies attacks human beings, even if there is only a slight scratch, people can also be infected with rabies.
Therefore, doctors warned that if someone is bitten or scratched by a cat, three emergency measures should be taken immediately:
Step 1: rinse the wound. Immediately wash the wound with flowing water, wash away the virus as much as possible, and squeeze the blood out. If possible, it is best to rinse with 20% soapy water for 20-30 minutes. Then disinfect with iodine wine, then wash out the iodine wine with alcohol, and repeat for 3 times.
Step 2: go to the local epidemic prevention department for vaccination immediately. Never delay the injection for a few days. The incubation period of rabies is short about 10 days, and the long incubation period may take several years.
Step 3: if the wound is bitten seriously, be sure to inject antiviral serum and use it together with the vaccine. Antiviral serum must be tested under the guidance of doctors
As more and more people keep pets, some diseases caused by pets such as cats and dogs are also increasing. Recently, the news that a patient died of cat scratch disease in Hainan has aroused the concern and concern of pet fans. In this regard, medical experts said that cat scratch disease can be prevented and treated in general, and there is no need to panic. Experts also warned: pet fans or people who often contact cats and dogs should pay special attention to pet hygiene. Especially in spring and other animal estrus season, pay special attention to keep away from stray cats and dogs
Cat scratch disease is a zoonotic infectious disease, 80% of which is related to cat scratch and bite. Dog, rabbit and monkey scratch can also cause cat scratch disease. With the increasing number of cats and stray cats, the number of patients with cat scratch disease is on the rise. There are nearly 10000 cases of cat scratch disease every year in the world. The incubation period of the disease is generally 10-30 days, and a few cases can be several months or even 1-2 years. At the onset of the disease, lymphadenopathy and fever may occur. Xie Shifeng said that cat scratch disease can be prevented and cured, so there is no need to panic. If there is a history of being bitten and scratched by a cat, the disease can be diagnosed by laboratory tests. Once the disease is diagnosed and symptomatic treatment, the general recovery is good. According to reports, Zhejiang Provincial People’s Hospital in recent years, a total of 4 cases of cat scratch disease patients, after treatment, the patients were completely recovered. Xie Shifeng also warned that people with low immune function may have serious systemic diseases, such as heart and brain complications, and very few will lead to death. He cited relevant information and said that about 10% of pet cats and 33% of stray cats carried the pathogen in their blood and spread it among cats through fleas. It is suggested that patients with chronic diseases and those with low immunity should not keep pets. At the same time, it is necessary to avoid being bitten and scratched by animals, especially in spring when animals are in estrus, so as to avoid unnecessary injury. In case of being bitten or scratched, the rabies vaccine should be injected into the hospital in time.
The kind of cat that will take the initiative to rub people should be abandoned domestic cats who are used to living with people. However, parasites or other germs can not be prevented from wandering for such a long time.
You can touch it at ordinary times. You should wash your hands when you touch it. Don’t hold her close to your mouth and nose. And don’t let it mouth. If you have a hole in your hand, you’d better avoid it for a few days and leave after putting food=
It’s better to wash the clothes with the cat alone. If you don’t know what diseases and bacteria are, you’d better not throw the washing machine with your family’s clothes, especially the underwear. If you put some sterilized ones like willus, you don’t know what’s the use. Anyway, what should be done is to seek psychological peace
It’s not dangerous, but you should pay more attention.
1. First of all, be careful not to be scratched and bitten by stray cats. Stray cats carry a lot of viruses. It is impossible to rule out the possibility of rabies virus. Once scratched and bitten, the wound must be washed with running water for at least 20 minutes, disinfected with iodine, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etc., and go to the hospital for vaccination within 24 hours.
2. Prepare all the daily necessities for the cat, including: a food bowl and a water bowl, cat litter basin (or cat toilet), cat litter, cat food (refuse supermarket food), cat nest, etc. medicine can be bought temporarily
3. Take the cat to a pet hospital with good reputation for examination. The reason is the same as the first one. Stray cats carry a lot of viruses and may also get sick
4. If your cat is over 3 months old, you can expel and immunize after the inspection: the recommended anthelmintic is Bayer. Take the first dose of cat triad (imported vaccine must be imported) to a well-known pet hospital every week, and then the second dose of cat triple and rabies every other month. After that, the cat triple and rabies will be injected once a year (every 2 or 3 years if you don’t go out)
5. Sterilization can prolong the life span of cats by at least 2-3 years, eliminate many diseases and reduce the number of stray cats.
matters needing attention:
1. Cats can’t break down the toxins in salt, so it’s better not to eat salt.
2. Most cats are lactose intolerant, so do not give the cat high sugar food, milk to choose skim milk, pet milk, goat’s milk. I don’t know why I can’t eat onions. I only know that eating more onions is fatal.
3. The cat’s epidermis will automatically secrete protective substances, so you should often give the cat a bath, at most once 2 months, really dirty with a wet cloth wipe good.
4. Prepare cat grass. Cat grass can not only help the cat vomit the cat hair that can not be digested in the body, but also protect the cat’s fragile intestines and stomach.