It may be that Chlamydia bacteria invade and infect cells in the conjunctiva, causing inflammation and eye secretions.
Clinical symptoms usually develop within a few days after infection and are presented as aqueous eye secretions. At first, only one eye was involved, but within a few days, the disease always affected both eyes.
Pain and discomfort in affected cats may cause partial closure of the eyelids (blepharospasm) and severe swelling and conjunctival inflammation may occur as the disease progresses. The discharge turned to a more intense yellow object, with occasional eye infection accompanied by mild sneezing and nasal discharge. Occasionally there is a mild fever, leading to lethargy and loss of appetite, but the cat usually stays the same and pretends to eat happily.
If not treated in time, conjunctivitis usually lasts for two months or more, and cats may continue to spread bacteria from eye secretions to other places (especially cats who are away from home, which also provides a potential infection risk for exotic cats). Although Chlamydia infection mainly causes conjunctivitis, it can also be found in the lung, gastrointestinal and reproductive tract.
Many antibiotics can be used to treat cat Chlamydia infection. A group of antibiotics, known as tetracycline, is considered to be the most effective treatment option. Doxycycline, one of these antibiotics, is given to infected cats only once a day. Some other antibiotics may also be effective, but these are usually not so good and must be given longer to achieve the same results as doxycycline.
A cat’s tears in one eye are caused by eyes or inflammation.
There are foreign bodies in the eyes. The cat’s tears may be due to foreign bodies in the eyes, such as small insects, small particles of dust and foreign bodies. The pet owner may wish to check the cat’s eyes first to see if there is any foreign body. If there is any foreign body in the cat’s eyes, the pet owner has no experience in cleaning it. It is suggested that the pet owner should seek the veterinarian for advice Help to avoid hurting the cat’s eyes.
The eyes are inflamed. Pet owners check the cat’s eyes at the same time to see whether there is swelling phenomenon, some words should be inflamed, the cat is curious about everything, want to play with any novelty, sometimes accidentally hurt the eye, if the pet owner does not find out in time, the cat’s eyes are easy to be infected with bacteria, and then inflammation, swelling, tears increase.
In addition to eye injury caused by bacterial infection and inflammation, there are also cats with nasal branch caused by the cat, the cat will also appear sneezing runny nose, mental appetite affected by varying degrees of adverse symptoms.
No matter in terms of diet or hygiene, pet owners should pay attention to it. For example, do not give the cat greasy, dry and hard food that is hard to digest, seasoning, especially food with high salt content. It is not only bad for the cat’s eyes, but also has an impact on the stomach and intestines. In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the environmental sanitation of the place where the cat stays, keep the air unblocked and disinfect regularly.
1. The reason why a cat’s eyes shed tears is that there are foreign bodies in the eyes, such as sand and small stones. Generally, sand and other foreign bodies can flow out of the tears. If it is a large foreign body or sharp foreign body, it may cause eye damage. It is necessary to pay more attention to whether the cat’s eyes have redness, swelling, itching, purulent secretion, etc.
2. The cat’s eyes should still be caused by inflammation. It is suggested to buy some anti-inflammatory eye drops in the drugstore, and light the cat five or six times a day to see if there is any effect. Don’t let the cat get angry these two days.
Precautions for pet cats:
1. Please keep your cat indoors. Outdoor cats don’t live as long as indoor cats. Outdoor cats may be injured by cars or fighting with cats, raccoons and stray dogs. As we all know, hyenas feed on cats. Cats outdoors are more susceptible to fleas or ticks and infectious diseases. Identify if you are allowed to go out, your cat must wear a safety collar and.
2. Cats need taurine, an amino acid essential for heart and eye health. The food you choose should be balanced with the life stages of your cat or kitten. Taurine can be found in properly balanced foods. You need to provide fresh, clean water at all times
If the cat shed tears
The eyes shed tears when they feel irritated. The irritation may be caused by dust or by certain diseases.
If it’s just tears, and both tears at the same time, it may not matter. Think about when the tears started. If she went to a place you can’t usually clean, or was out in the wind for a while, it might just be dust in her eyes.
If only one eye begins to shed tears, or tears begin slowly, or the eyes and eyes have changes (red, swollen), etc., it is an eye disease and should see a doctor for medication. If the cat blinks or winks abnormally, it indicates that her eyes are uncomfortable and needs to see a doctor immediately. Pay attention to observe symptoms to help doctors make correct diagnosis.
If your cat is a light colored Persian cat, she may shed tears like dust in her eyes every day, and make the hair on the inner and lower part of the eyes wet and look a little dirty. This is often normal, does not mean there is any eye disease. But if you’re upset about it, you can see a doctor. Low doses of oral antibiotics can reduce tears in some cats, but not all of them work, and the effect is not long-lasting.
There are several symptoms that can help you determine the cause of a cat:
1. Tears, inner corner of the eye has yellow sticky eye excrement, you can see a few eyelashes grow into the eyes;
It’s often in both eyes. Most common in flat faced cats (Persian cat, etc.), this is trichiasis. Generally, cats don’t have long eyelashes. Some cats with long eyelashes will have this disease. Doctors need surgery to keep eyelashes from growing. Don’t pull out the eyelashes by yourself. The eyelashes of the cat, if any, are often very short, which may hurt her eyes.
2. One or two eyes, tears, yellow sticky eye excrement in the inner corner of the eye, conjunctiva red and swollen;
Cats may blink and wink too often and may be able to see the third eyelid (in the inner corner).
The cat may have conjunctivitis in its eyes. The conjunctiva is the transparent membrane outside the eyeball. Allergies can also cause conjunctivitis.
3. Two eyes shed tears, the inner corner of the eye has yellow sticky eye excrement, the lower eyelid to the eye varus;
The cornea may turn red, or blink and wink too often.
This is entropion. It is common in Persian cats. Because the cleft eye is too narrow to hold the eye well. Need to see a doctor for surgical correction, the doctor may give her anti-inflammatory eye drops or ointment. If you can’t see the doctor right away, give your cat some artificial teas every four hours to make him feel better.
4. The inner part of eyeball was covered with translucent membrane and shed tears;
The eyeball may appear to protrude or sink into the orbit. Or blink and wink too often.
The translucent membrane is the cat’s third eyelid, which should not be seen normally. There are many reasons for this, including sedatives.
If the cat is not sedated, it is sick. Your doctor will prescribe eye drops or ointment, or medicine, for anti-inflammatory use. You can put a drop or two of COD life oil into the cat’s eyes.
5. One or two eyes inside red swelling, or red pimple, tears.
Is your cat Persian or Burmese? This may be an uncommon disease – prolapse of the third eyelid gland. The glands at the base of the third eyelid are loose and protruding. This is also called cherry eye, because this prominent gland is a little bit like a cherry. Doctors may be able to operate.
If the cat tears, if it is abnormal tears, such as abnormal increase in tears, or to deal with it in a timely manner. After all, cats will not shed tears for no reason. It may be that the eyes are stimulated to shed tears. If the tears are caused by dust and irritating smell, the stimulus should be taken away in time. If the tears are caused by eye problems, such as inflammation, etc It can’t be delayed.
1. The eyes are irritated
If the cat’s eyes are stimulated, such as irritating gas and dust, it will cause tears. After all, this is reflective tears. Therefore, we should pay attention to avoid the stimulus source. For example, when spraying some gas, keep away from the cat, and then dust. If the dust in the cat litter is too large to stimulate the cat’s eyes, it should be replaced in time Litter with less dust.
2. There is inflammation in the cat’s eyes
If the cat’s eyes are inflamed, it will not only cause more tears, more secretions from the eyes, but may also cause redness and swelling. This may be caused by irritation or bacterial infection. To deal with it in a timely manner, first clean up the secretions around the cat’s eyes with cotton swabs and normal saline, and then give it the cat eye drops, 2-3 times a day, 1-2 drops each time ¡£
3. It’s caused by improper diet
If the salt content of the cat’s diet is relatively high, for example, if the cat is always eating human food, eating too much salt will also stimulate the cat’s eyes and cause abnormal tears. Therefore, the food for the cat should pay attention to less salt and less oil. The choice of cat food can be home fun cat food, if the cat’s tears are still heavy, you can add pet trace net to the food for feeding.
Now the cat’s right eye always tears, indicating that the cat’s right eye has eye disease.
If the cat tears in the right eye and eye droppings appear or red symptoms, it is bacterial infection, you can drop: chloramphenicol eye drops or other anti-bacterial anti-inflammatory eye drops. If it’s just tears and no eye droppings, you can apply an anti allergy eye drop: nafmivir eye drops.
You can buy eye drops for people in pharmacies.
When the cat’s eyes feel irritated, it will flow. The irritation may be caused by dust or some diseases.
If it’s just tears, and both tears at the same time, it may not matter. Think about when tears started. If she goes to a place you can’t usually clean or stays out in the wind for a while, maybe it’s just dust in her eyes.
If only one eye begins to shed tears, or tears begin slowly, or the eyes and eyes change (red, swollen), blink or wink abnormally, it indicates that the cat’s eyes are very uncomfortable, that is, there is an eye disease, and you need to see a doctor immediately. Pay attention to observe symptoms to help doctors make correct diagnosis.
If you find that your pet cat is crying abnormally, you should first find out the cause of the cat’s tears. The best way to find out the reason is to take the cat to the hospital. There are many reasons for cat’s abnormal tears in life, such as disease, long eyelashes, conjunctivitis and so on. To better solve the problem of cat tears, you must first find the cause.
Treatment methods for different reasons:
1. Because of the long down eyelashes and tears, cats are usually tears in the eyes. In this case, the cat needs to be pulled out to grow eyelashes, or go to the hospital for surgery.
2. In addition, conjunctivitis and other eye diseases cause the cat to shed tears. The cat may have only one eye crying (of course, it may also be both eyes). If it is confirmed to be conjunctivitis, it must be treated in time. You can try to use cotton ball dipped in warm water to clean the eyes 2-3 times a day, and then use the water bought from the drugstore to wash her eyes.
Of course, you should consult your doctor before you treat your cat. You can only treat your cat after you get the doctor’s permission.