Scotch cat with folded ears
The genetic diseases of cat with broken ears are mainly genetic bone diseases. To judge whether a cat with broken ears is suffering from bone genetic diseases, doctors need to make a professional diagnosis. However, as the owners, we can actually observe the broken eared cats from their daily life and whether they need to take the cats for examination. The earlier the cat’s problems are observed, the earlier they can be treated. This is of great help to control the hereditary skeletal disease of the cat with broken ears. The onset period of the cat varies from 2 months to 6 months, but some cases begin to develop after the age of 1 year.
1¡¢ In the early stage of the disease, the cat will not be active at first, and then there will be obstacles in its behavior. The obvious symptoms include
1. The tail is thick, short, stiff and inflexible, and the tail of some sick cats can’t swing.
2. The hind limbs are too short, with unusual curvature, augmentation or mass.
3. Swelling of limbs joints.
4. The soles of the hind feet are abnormally thick. If you observe carefully, when the cat sits upright, the pillow meat of the hind paw cannot touch the ground.
5. Abnormal nail growth.
6. Similar symptoms can be found in the forelimb of a cat with broken ears, but the emotion is more severe than that of the hind limb.
2¡¢ In some cases, genetic disease can be clearly seen at birth or shortly after birth
However, more folding eared cats do not have obvious symptoms in their early childhood, and their bones will gradually change over time. When they can’t bear it, the disease will appear. As long as the owners pay more attention to the details of the cat in their daily life, they are likely to find early symptoms
1. It’s obviously a baby cat (before 1 year old), but he doesn’t like to move. He always sits in the same place. Baby cat is naturally mischievous. If it does not move to the hair stick, it may be because it feels pain and therefore avoids walking.
2. The cat is very good and never jumps on the master’s bed, windowsill, dining table or chair. Jumping is one of the most important parts of a cat. Is it unable to reach a high place because he has no consciousness of climbing, or is he unable to jump at all?
3. The cat itself is very lively and cheerful. I don’t know why it suddenly becomes quiet. It may be because it feels pain when it is active, so it reduces its activity.
4. The cat did not know why she learned hand, hand, very cute recently! Please be careful. If you haven’t taught the cat hand, how can it understand? If it is found that the cat often raises its hand without any reason, it is likely that it will feel pain when the joint is pressed, so it will automatically lift its hand.
5. The cat is suddenly listless and has no appetite. It is likely that the cat will feel pain and be depressed.
6. When cats walk, they often bow their back. Are they nervous? Most likely because of the joint pressure pain, so walking will be more comfortable.
7. The cat limps when walking, or falls to the ground after two steps. It is obvious that the cat needs to see a doctor immediately.
There is no cure for this hereditary skeletal disease, and most of it does not get worse. At present, veterinarians can only use drugs to relieve the pain and slow down the deterioration of the cat’s condition. However, when the condition deteriorates, bone lesions gradually spread to the spine, paralyzing the cat and causing great pain. When the cat can’t bear the pain, the owner has to put the cat to death. The skeletal genetic disease of a cat with broken ears is not limited to young cats. As long as a cat carries the gene for folding ear, it may also have pathological changes at any time in his life. A cat with broken ears can’t speak. Even if it’s sick, it can’t ask to see a doctor. Only if we parents pay more attention to cats, can we keep them in good health.
As long as one of the ears is broken, the kitten belongs to the fold ear. Even if the ear is standing, it is also called standing ear folding ear. Because the gene of folding ear is strong, even the children with ear folding may give birth to the offspring with folded ear!
So please don’t let these children with ear fold gene give birth to children with children with ear fold gene. Such kittens have bone genetic disease and will be very painful all their life!
A cat’s mother does not ovulate until she finishes. Therefore, it is not certain who is the father of the kitten. Therefore, some cats have genes of the previous generation in their bloodlines!
So even if the parents of this generation of cats look very pure, they may have different children!
The other is that the color of the baby cat’s lanugo is relatively dark, and it will show the basic shape after 6 months!
My cat was Silver Tiger spot when I was a child. When I was eight months old, my cat appeared brown. Now it is more than one year old. The color is much lighter than when I was a child, and it returns to silver. But the brown part is still there, which is not so obvious! And my cat’s parents are pure silver tiger spot, so I don’t know which grandfather’s inheritance is it!
The cat with a standing ear is called Scotch fold ear.
The “ear fold” gene is a dominant gene. Therefore, all cats carrying the “ear fold” gene will show a broken ear. However, there is no “ear fold” gene in the gene of the standing ear cat, so it is expressed as a standing ear cat. Moreover, if its spouse is not a folded ear cat, it will not produce a kitten with folded ears.
The inheritance of coat color in purebred cats is a very complex genetic rule. If there are stripes in the genes of mother cat or father cat or both of them, their offspring will have some performance. Cats with dark stripes in their infancy may also show the same color in adulthood.
In the British short and Scotch fold eared cat breed standard, it is allowed to have dark lines if the coat color is blue. It is only said that the product with uniform blue color is better than that with dark stripe.
1) The target of Scotch fold eared cat can only be: British short hair cat, Scotch fold ear vertical ear cat and American short hair cat
A kitten born with one fold and one stand has erect ears. It should be called Scotch ear standing. If there is a pedigree certificate, it will indicate that it is folded ears. The criteria for judging the folded ears and standing ears are different from the standard British shorthair cats
2) The dark and less obvious pattern will fade away when it grows up
But it’s also possible that there is a recessive gene in both parents’ genes. In this way, kittens may also have stripes
1. A kitten born with a drooping ear is called a folded ear, and if the ear is standing, it is called a folded ear.
2. There are many kinds of cat colors. Although both the cat mother and the cat father are the same color, he is willing to inherit the gene of dark pattern from their parents, and it is very likely to give birth to kittens with dark patterns. So before buying a cat, especially a breed cat, it’s better to know the breed color of its parents and grandparents
The purebred cat is Scottish Fold, and the gene is dominant in the cat. This gene affects the development of cartilage throughout the body, so it’s a disease.
I know that Jackie cat is the offspring of a pure bred American / British breeder. That’s not true. The first folding eared cats (1960s) were found only in England, all from a female named Susie. The female cat has dysplasia of the ear cartilage. The offspring have long hair and short hair. However, due to concerns about other concomitant diseases, the variety has not been recognized. Later, in the 1970s, people brought the cat to the United States, using British and American short to breed.
The gene that affects the ear fold is dominant, but it is not completely dominant. A 2008 paper looked at this.
In the beginning, only one ear was discounted. After continuous breeding, the proportion and degree of discount are higher and higher.
You said that the production of the standing ear cat, because its body a pair of genes are normal, so the performance is normal (not what folding cat).
Because of the serious health problems of purebred cat with folded ears (homozygous), people with moral standards generally do not breed them, only breed heterozygotes with half of the gene. 50% of heterozygotes and normal healthy cats produce folded ears and 50% normal cats.