Size and shape
As shown in the picture, cats have three basic shapes. The average shoulder height of adult domestic cats is 30 cm, and the length from head to tail root is 45 cm, and the length of tail is 30 cm~
The average weight of adult domestic cats is 2.75-5.5 kg. Sometimes overweight cats can make headlines. The current record weight of domestic cats is as high as 18 kg. In contrast, the smallest wild cats, the ochre spotted cats in India and Sri Lanka, generally weigh less than 1.25 kg
Ha ha, same feeling! We “old couple” have raised a lot of them. Some cats are mischievous, but not all cats are like this. They are lazy, quiet, obedient, shrewd, smart and even smart. Almost all the language used to describe human character can be given to cats. Cats can be naughty, can not let their temperament, otherwise a hair and out of control, will only be more naughty, they are naughty, not out of breath, no reason to bite people, grasp the master’s feet, what kind of situation your cat? ***The basic method is: when a cat makes a mistake, you can yell and scold or make angry sounds, and at the same time, pat him on the head immediately (the strength should be controlled well, not too heavy, otherwise he will hate you; and not too light, otherwise he will think you are playing with him), and then let him make mistakes again; he will make mistakes again out of revenge psychology, and then you can make mistakes Pat him on the head again, and repeat it four or five times until he stops acting. When he meets his naughty again, he still uses this method. Generally, good results will be achieved within a month. Cats grow up to 5 or 6 months later, their character will gradually become stable. After one year old, they become what we often call “lazy cats”. They like to bask in the sun lazily, eat slowly, and often raise their tails on their owners’ legs to show their friendship. Ha ha, these little guys make you happy and worry. Finally, I hope your cat is healthy and obedient.
The growth rate of kittens is very fast. It can grow to 8.2-1 kg in a month. The kittens are grown up about one year old.
With the increase of the age of the cat, the appetite of the kitten will gradually increase in a certain period of time (usually three or four months), and it will be stable after more than eight months.
Generally, about 2 months of the cat a day to eat more than 5, 6 times. Three months ago, kittens were generally fed four times a day, such as 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. When they are three to six months old, they are fed three times a day. Twice a day after six months old.
When the milk for kittens is not enough or there is no milk, you can drink special pet milk powder. When you are bigger, you can add some rice flour in the milk powder. If you eat milk directly, it may cause diarrhea, because kittens can’t digest milk well.
The living habits of cats
Cats are quick and good at jumping. Eat fish, mice, rabbits, etc. The reason why cats like to eat fish and mice is that cats are nocturnal animals. In order to be able to see things at night, they need a lot of taurine, and the body of rats and fish contains taurine. Therefore, cats eat not only because they like fish and mice, but also because of their own needs.
As a natural enemy of rodents, cats can effectively reduce the damage of rodents to crops such as green seedlings. From the shape “Miao” of cats, we can see the general agricultural life in ancient China.
The cat can walk on the high wall as if nothing happened, light jump, can not help but be satisfied with its sense of balance. This is mainly due to the cat’s outstanding response nerves and sense of balance.
Source: Baidu Encyclopedia – Cat
About one and a half months, it’s 6 Liang long. When it’s 4 months old, it’s 6 Jin. Now it’s 8.5 kg.
1. Introduction to animals: cats, divided into many kinds, are the natural enemies of rats. There are livestock everywhere. There are yellow, black, white, gray and other colors; the body is like a beaver, the appearance is like a tiger, the hair is soft and the teeth are sharp (there are almost hairless varieties). Long tail, short waist, eyes like gold and silver, and more palatal ridges are the best. The body is small and attractive. Curiosity.
2. Morphological characteristics: the cat’s body is divided into five parts: head, neck, trunk, limbs and tail. Most parts are covered with hair, while a few are hairless. The cat’s toe has a fat pad, so it can walk soundlessly. It won’t startle rats when catching rats. It has sharp fingernails at the end. The claws can be retracted and extended. The cat’s claws retract when resting and walking, and only reach out when catching rats and climbing to prevent the nail from being blunt. A cat has five fingers on its forelimb and four on its hind. The cat’s teeth are divided into incisors, canines and molars. Canine teeth are particularly developed, sharp as cones, suitable for killing captured rats, molar chewing surface has sharp protuberances, suitable for chewing meat; incisors are not developed.
3. Living habits: cats are quick and good at jumping. Eat fish, mice, rabbits, etc. The reason why cats like to eat fish and mice is that cats are nocturnal animals. In order to be able to see things at night, they need a lot of taurine, and the body of rats and fish contains taurine. Therefore, cats eat not only because they like fish and mice, but also because of their own needs. Cat, as a natural enemy of rodents, can effectively reduce the damage of rodents to crops such as green seedlings, which can be seen from the Chinese ancient agricultural life.
4. Common knowledge of feeding: kittens should form a good habit of eating cat food as a snack. Kittens can eat cat food from the age of 4 weeks and begin to soak them in warm water. When the kitten is 10 weeks old, it can be fed with dry cat food, so that it can eat freely and have clean drinking water. Eat less and eat more, and pay attention to the timing, ration and fixed point of feeding.
5. Timing: feed at a fixed time every day to form a good eating habit.
6. Ration: don’t eat too much or too little. With the increase of the age of the cat, the appetite of the kitten will increase gradually in a certain period of time (usually three or four months), and it will be stable after more than eight months. Generally, about 2 months of the cat a day to eat more than 5, 6 times. Three months ago, kittens were generally fed four times a day, such as 9:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m. When they are three to six months old, they are fed three times a day. After six months of age, twice a day, it’s best to eat dry cat food, which is good for its teeth and gums.
Two to five months old kittens are in growth. More calories are necessary for fast growing kittens. Cats weighing 1 kg at 3-4 months after birth need 130-250 calories per day, 100 calories after six months, and 80 calories for adult cats. In terms of nutrients, cats are basically carnivores, so they need more animal protein. In addition, if the calcium intake is insufficient, the growth of bones, teeth and claws will not be complete, and when taurine is insufficient, it will cause blindness or heart muscle disease, and vitamin A deficiency will also cause visual impairment or deterioration of skin condition. Therefore, we should consider giving more of these nutrients. The calcium requirement of young cats is 40% higher than that of adult cats.
Because the development of young cats needs these kinds of nutrients, if you only give the cat meat to eat, you will have malnutrition, but if you give the cat too much vitamin, it will cause poisoning symptoms. In the past, many cats were fed with leftovers, but at that time, cats could go out of the house to catch some small problems of insufficient nutrition. Now all cats are kept indoors, so the owner of the cat should pay special attention to nutrition. If there is no correct nutrition related knowledge, it is better not to make the cat’s food by himself. Let the cat eat the cat feed produced by the factory is a better way for the growth and health of the cat. It is suggested that cat owners should choose different feeds to feed their cats according to their life cycle (infancy, adulthood, pregnancy, etc.).
Finally, it should be noted that although the young cats eat a lot in the development stage, they will basically control the amount of food they eat. For kittens, as long as they are willing to eat, it doesn’t matter how many meals they feed a day. There is no need to limit the number of times a day.
If fed too little, the cat will develop a bad habit of picking up food to eat
Spring is the season of estrus and hair changing, which should be paid attention to in management. Although cats are in estrus all the year round, most of them are in early spring (from January to March). Because of the increased activity of the estrous female cat, her spirit is excited, her performance is restless and her appetite is reduced. She makes a whine at night, which is more than usual, so as to attract male cats. Male cats also go out wandering, and often fight for spouse, causing trauma. Therefore, special attention should be paid to the management of estrus and sexuality in spring. Although 6-month-old cats can reach sexual maturity and estrus, premature sexual intercourse should be prevented to avoid affecting growth and development. Therefore, we must take strict care of male and female cats at the age of 6 months. In addition, go home cat, to carefully check, found trauma timely treatment.
Spring is also the season for changing hair. After the cold winter, the coat covering the whole body will fall off. If you can’t often comb the unclean skin, it can cause itching. Therefore, in spring, we should pay attention to comb the quilt and keep the skin clean in order to prevent the parasitism of external parasites and skin diseases.