I don’t know what kind of cat you have. The expected date of delivery for different kinds of cats will differ by several days.
The pregnancy period of a cat is about 65 days from the date of the birth of the cat. However, different breeds of cats, pregnancy period is also slightly different. The gestational period of long hair cat and purebred cat is slightly longer than one or two days, while that of short hair cat and domestic cat is slightly shorter by one or two days. Because we can’t know the time of the cat’s pregnancy, we can calculate the time of pregnancy from the day when the female cat stops oestrus. Female cats usually stop estrus symptoms within two or three days after the success of the event. That is to say, the expected delivery date of the cat is about 63 days after the female cat stops estrus symptoms. According to this time, we should make preparations for the delivery of pregnant cats in advance.
A cat is pregnant for about two months.
Pregnant 20 ~ 30 days after the emergence of various signs of pregnancy, at this time, you can ask a veterinarian diagnosis, to determine whether pregnancy. If pregnant, there will also be similar to the symptoms of human delirium, once the joy stops, appetite will increase.
After about 40 days, the stomach starts to swell.
The first week: 2-3 days after * *, the characteristics of estrus will gradually disappear. At this time, the secretion of hormone is exuberant, and the coat will be very glossy. Week 3: * * * turns pink and begins to bulge. The appetite becomes very good and the abdomen will gradually swell.
One month: you become more sleepy and eat more, about twice as much as before. At this time, because of the oppression of the bladder, you will have frequent urination.
Two months: the abdomen becomes round, the appetite becomes bad and the mind is restless before delivery; when the milk oozes from the mother, it means that she is about to give birth.
Precautions for keeping cats at home are as follows:
1¡¢ Move dangerous goods out of the reach of the cat. Don’t let the cat touch the hearth. Or install guardrails at the fireside. Always close the doors of washing machine, refrigerator, freezer, oven and microwave oven.
2¡¢ Do not feed the cat to drink milk, the cat has lactose intolerance, can not absorb the nutrition of milk, but will cause gastrointestinal problems.
3¡¢ Remember not to plant poisonous plants indoors or in other cat activities. Some plants are poisonous to cats.
4¡¢ Don’t let other pets interfere with it. It’s better not to let the children at home tease the new big cats or kittens. This is especially important if children have never had pets before.
Source: Baidu Encyclopedia – Cat
A cat can have a baby in 8-12 months. The average pregnancy period of a cat is 65-71 days.
Cat: it belongs to the cat family, which is divided into domestic cat and wild cat. It is a more extensive pet in the family all over the world. It is speculated that the ancestors of domestic cats are desert cats originated from ancient Egypt, Persian cats, which have been domesticated by human for about 3500 years. Generally, cats have round heads, short faces, five fingers on the forelimbs and four toes on the hind limbs. The toes have sharp and curved claws, and the claws can be retracted.
Main breeds of cats:
¢Ù Purebred cats: the ancestors of purebred cats are the same species for eight generations, and congenital defects are often caused by the problems of close relatives.
¢Ú Mixed breed cats: such as black, white, red, orange cat, red tiger spotted short hair domestic cat, tiger spotted cat, all white cat, all black cat, ordinary hawksbill cat.
¢Ù During pregnancy, female cats need to supplement 1.5 times the usual amount of calories and nutrients for the fetus to get nutrition.
¢Ú In the last ten days, the female cat’s sex will begin to grow big and red.
¢Û Usually the cat will find a quiet place to give birth to itself. At this time, the mother cat will be anxious because of the pain, some will pull out the soft stool, and then the delivery will begin. The cat with enough nutrition can clean up the kitten and feed it.
¢Ü Some female cats will abandon their kittens because their kittens are exposed to human odour. Therefore, avoid touching the kittens to avoid abandonment.
The cultural symbol of cats: cats were worshipped as gods in ancient Egypt, because cats can catch mice to protect food and prevent mice from spreading diseases. Relics unearthed from Egyptian pyramids include murals of cats, pottery figurines of cats and even mummies of cats. It is obvious that the pets of the Pharaohs are expected to resurrect one day. But in some areas it is regarded as the God of death.
Hello, what the first few said is not correct
As the saying goes, “three cats and four dogs” doesn’t mean cats give birth three months and dogs four months
As the saying goes, the calculation method is actually 12 hours a day
That is, cats give birth in one and a half months, while dogs give birth in two months
Hope to adopt. Wish every day happy!
The gestational period of about 2 months refers to the period from the beginning of mating to the expulsion of mature fetus. The pregnancy period of a cat is generally 52-71 days, with an average of 58 days.
******On the 6th day after mating, blastocysts were formed. On the 12th day, the blastocysts were elongated and oval in shape. On the 13th day, the blastocysts were oriented and the embryo pole was toward the inner membrane of the embryo. On the 14th day, the pericarp was eroded and the attachment site was obviously edematous The stage of embryo dissociation in the embryo begins to establish contact with the mother.
Through the placental blood circulation to provide nutrients, so that the fetus gradually mature, until the fetus out of the body.
The following symptoms can be observed during pregnancy (pregnancy): it takes about 20 days for the female cat to see the signs of pregnancy. In the early stage, the color of * * began to increase, the color of * * turned pink, and some of them could extrude milk.
In order to nourish the fetus during pregnancy, the female cat often has a strong appetite and an increase in food intake. They like to lie still and not move, and they don’t want to play with their owners or breeders. Careful action, easy to be frightened and avoid, this is a natural performance of baby care. Sleep time increased, sleeping posture is also abnormal, like to stretch the body and sleep on the side.
After pregnancy, the changes of sexual physiology are also very obvious. ***Department swelling, red color, frequent urination, no longer estrus. Even if there are male cats wandering outside, they are not affected. But not pregnant female cat at this time can appear a second estrus, found that a male cat passed, will be very excited.
About one month after pregnancy, the abdomen began to increase, at this time, if you gently touch the abdomen with your hand, you can find fetal movement phenomenon. With the extension of pregnancy, the abdomen is getting bigger and bigger. At the same time, because of eating more, the weight has also increased significantly. However, activities should be increased to prevent dystocia caused by excessive fertilizer.
Cat Baidu Encyclopedia
The pregnancy cycle of a cat is usually 60-63 days, and mild pregnancy reaction will occur 7 days after successful pregnancy.
The performance of pregnant cats is as follows
1. Symptoms of first trimester
In the first ten days of pregnancy, cats will not like to eat in the morning, which is the first sign of pregnancy. But the condition usually lasts only 48 hours, during which she may vomit several times. If the cat fasts for more than two days, take it to a doctor.
After three weeks of pregnancy, the cat can turn over slowly to observe her sexuality. After the cat is pregnant, the cat begins to turn pink and bigger, and the hair around the cat gradually fades away. If your cat is short haired, you will also notice that the female is beginning to bulge slightly, while the long haired cat is not.
2. First trimester behavior
Pregnant cats often have a strong appetite and an increase in food intake for the development of their fetus. I like to lie still and not move. I don’t want to play with the owner or other cats. Action becomes cautious, easy to be frightened and avoid, this is a cat born to protect the performance of the baby. Sleep time increased, sleeping posture is also abnormal, like to stretch the body and sleep on the side.
Pregnant cats, sexual physiological changes are also very obvious. ***Department swelling, red color, frequent urination, no longer estrus. Even if there are male cats wandering outside, they are not affected. But not pregnant cats can appear at this time the second estrus, found that a male cat passed, will be very excited.
The diet and care of cats during pregnancy are as follows:
1. From the 20th day after the success of the cat, the owner should prepare food rich in protein, calcium and vitamins for the cat. For example, eggs, vegetables, cooked meat and so on. But also try to reduce the amount of carbohydrates and other foods with high sugar content, so as to avoid the risk of dystocia caused by obesity.
2. In the second trimester of pregnancy, the cat will eat more than usual. At this time, parents should feed 3-4 meals a day. They should eat less and more meals, and feed food that is easy to digest and absorb. Avoid hard food to cause the burden of the cat’s intestines and stomach, and increase the pressure on the fetus.
3. During pregnancy, cats should not be fed raw or cold food. The cat must be given a new water supply every day.
4. Pregnant cats are sick and should be sent to the clinic for treatment. It is not suitable to treat cats without permission. If medication is not careful, it is likely to cause fetal malformation, which will seriously threaten the lives of cats.
Reference: cat Baidu Encyclopedia
1. The earliest appearance sign of pregnancy in pregnant cats is that the color of the cat changes from light pink to deep pink, and the hair around the cat will fall off, which makes it stand out. These symptoms should appear within 3 weeks after pregnancy, and they are obviously spherical in shape 3-4 weeks after conception. After that, the fetus is not so easy to feel, but it can also be touched. If necessary, the fetus can also be examined by ultrasound within 2-3 weeks, and the number of fetuses can be checked by X-ray at 5.5 weeks after pregnancy.
2. The gestational period of cat care is about 63-66 days, but some will last up to 71 days. If premature birth, most of them are stillbirth or die soon after birth. Pregnant female cats need more protein and calories, but if you are fed high-quality food with balanced nutrition, there is no need to change the quality of food during the first 2-3 weeks of pregnancy.
3. Nutritious high-quality proteins, such as milk products, eggs and meat, can be added to dry feed (about 10% of the amount) to increase the protein content and taste of the food, without destroying the nutritional balance. The formula for kittens can also be given to pregnant and lactating females. The amount of feed should be increased gradually with the extension of pregnancy. At the end of pregnancy, the female cat should eat twice as much as before. However, because the growth of the fetus oppresses the surrounding organs, it is impossible for the female cat to eat the required portion in two meals. Therefore, you must increase the feeding frequency or leave the food outside to eat freely with the female cat.
4. Pregnant female cats should pay attention not to overfeeding, or due to insufficient exercise caused by obesity and muscle relaxation, which will cause production difficulties. The best and simplest delivery room is the carton box, with an opening 10-15 cm away from the bottom to facilitate the entry and exit of the female cat and prevent the kitten from falling out. It is also better to have a cover to take care of the kitten when necessary. It’s better to let the female cat adapt to the box one week before birth, and try to put a clean soft towel to encourage her to sleep in it.
5. Usually one or two days before birth, the female cat will have no appetite to eat, be more upset than usual, meow more, or tear up the things in the box used for production, and even vomit; the more time for production, the more she will lick the abdomen and the official. If you don’t put a mother in the delivery room, she may give birth in your bed, in your cupboard, or somewhere else
6. Once a kitten is born, it is necessary to break the fetal sac immediately and let the kitten breathe freely. Usually, the female cat will do this immediately, but some inexperienced or nervous female cats will forget to do so. If this is the case, you should break the capsule immediately, otherwise the kitten will suffocate. If the squeeze band has not fallen off at birth, the female cat will clean the kitten after giving birth, and will naturally bite off the umbilical cord. If the female cat has not started to clean the kitten after 15 minutes of birth, you can use clean thread or non waxed dental floss to leave the umbilical cord 1-2 from the body If the umbilical cord is too short, it is easy to be infected. Therefore, the left umbilical cord should not be too short. Soak iodine solution or disinfectant in the fracture.
As human beings will enter the sunset, pets will change from Naughty and lovely home work to slow-moving elderly people. At this time, they like to live a comfortable life. They should not force the elderly dog to do things. They should have compassion for their behavior, and help the lovers who have brought us infinite joy and faithfulness for the rest of their lives.
1¡¢ Signs of aging
Some animals will gradually lose their hearing. The fur is thin and dry, depilation is serious, the body becomes weak, muscle atrophy, and the fluid between joints begins to dry out. Cause inflammation and discomfort. The lens of the eye becomes cloudy and slightly gray blue. The fur around the mouth, nose and lining turns white or yellow.
2¡¢ Special care
1. Feeding: changes in the amount of exercise will change the digestion and absorption capacity of the intestines, as well as the filtration and detoxification functions of the liver and kidney. Attention should be paid to reducing the hardness of food, adding appropriate amounts of calcium, iron, vitamins and other trace elements, and changing foods with different tastes. Note: do not eat foods that are not suitable for digestion and ensure the supply of water.
2. Brushing: if possible, brush your teeth to your favorite to reduce the bacterial invasion caused by gingival inflammation.
3. Eye care: always use wet cotton to remove excess mucus and clean skin around eyes.
4. Ear care: check inner ear canal regularly and remove wax.
5. Joint care: joint pain is a common disease of elderly pets. If they can’t exercise regularly, they can gently massage muscles or stretch and flex joints of limbs and joints for them when they are resting.
6. Euthanasia: if aging disease has made your pet unable to live comfortably, you and your family members should consider making this most difficult choice at the advice of your veterinarian in order to avoid suffering. Euthanasia is painful. It takes just an injection of an overdose of anesthetic to get it to sleep.
It takes about 2 months (56-71 days).
1¡¢ How to calculate the pregnancy period of cats
Because we can’t know the time of the cat’s pregnancy, we can start from the day when the female cat stops. Female cats usually stop estrus symptoms within two or three days after the success of the event. That is to say, the expected delivery date of the cat is about 63 days after the female cat stops estrus symptoms. According to this time, we can make preparations for the delivery of pregnant cats in advance.
2¡¢ Pregnancy time and symptoms of cats
1. Two days: the characteristics of oestrus will gradually disappear, and the cat’s fur is glossy. About the third week, the cat’s penis swelled and turned pink. This is the first sign of pregnancy.
2. Third week of pregnancy: the veterinarian can touch the fetus reliably. About a month or so, the female cat becomes more sleepy, the amount increases, and the frequency of going to the toilet will also increase.
3. Four weeks of pregnancy: the fourth week can touch the number of pregnant animals ~ * *, more obvious development! Increased appetite, weight gain, well-developed mammary glands, * hard.
4. Six weeks of pregnancy: after the sixth week, the abdomen and penis of the female cat become larger. The fetal movement can be felt on the abdominal wall. The fetal heartbeat can be heard by stethoscope.
5. Eight weeks of pregnancy: the female cat has sagging abdomen, slow movement and frequent urination! Before giving birth, the appetite will decline, a little irritable, and * * exudes milk. At this time, remember to prepare the place for the birth of the cat. The baby will be born.
6. Pregnancy period: about 60-71 days, more than the birth must be sent to a doctor for examination, the kitten may be too big to cause dystocia or the fetus has died.
7. Expected date of delivery: occurrence of pregnancy symptoms + 6 weeks = expected date of delivery
8. False pregnancy: the female cat will have nest making, fat, milk secretion and other symptoms, lasting about 1 month. If the situation is serious, please ask a veterinary doctor for treatment. The reason is usually associated with the ligated male cat, the male cat itself does not have sex, has not succeeded in pregnancy and so on.
3¡¢ Precautions for diet of cats during pregnancy
1. You should add a small amount of calories during the first trimester of pregnancy so that the weight of the female cat can rise steadily.
2. The heat demand is about 100kcal / kg / day.
3. Generally, kitten food can be provided to pregnant female cats, because the nutrient ratio of kittens is more balanced.
4. Don’t over supplement nutrition, it will make the kitten big and easily cause dystocia.
Reference website: link to mews website
The time for a cat to give birth to a kitten is about 60 to 63 days, which is two months. The cat needs to pay attention to the cat’s diet during the period of giving birth to a kitten.
The pregnancy cycle of a pet cat is usually 60-63 days, and a slight pregnancy reaction will occur 7 days after the successful pregnancy. With the extension of pregnancy, the pregnancy of cats will become more and more obvious. Of course, if the cat does not have sex when it is in estrus, it will have a new round of estrus 2-3 weeks after it stops estrus. In other words, if the oestrus period is in February, plus more than two months of pregnancy, the month of giving birth to kittens should be around May.
But the production time of a cat is also closely related to its living environment, body state, eating habits, living habits and so on. Therefore, it is found that many cats have premature birth and dystocia. Therefore, it is very important to raise and manage the cats during pregnancy in order to ensure the healthy and normal delivery of cats.
Under normal circumstances, cats will have obvious childbirth in about a week before delivery, and many cats will have a direct premature birth, such as delivery on the 58th day of pregnancy. At this time, due to premature delivery, most of the kittens are physically collapsed and have poor physical resistance. Once the kittens are not given better care, they are likely to die.
In the days before the birth of a cat, you need to prepare delivery tools: medical scissors, cotton thread, sterilized alcohol cotton ball, and emergency needle, all of which are indispensable. If you plan to let the cat give birth at home. Food needs to be prepared for pet dog cat milk powder, prepared for kittens, in case of need for artificial feeding, is essential.
The opposite of preterm birth is delayed birth or dystocia. Generally more than 63 days have not given birth to the cat, should pay attention to. In addition, some kittens delivered later than 71 days may be larger than those born normally, and they are also more likely to die. This requires every parent to pay close attention to the pregnancy of the cat. Once abnormal, it needs to be handled in time to avoid serious consequences such as premature death of the kitten and life danger of the female cat.
Cats will have different reactions in the early stage of production and need more observation.
The cat is pregnant
The pregnancy period of a cat is about 63 days. Kittens will be born 63 days before and after the date of mating.
***In current affairs, we should first consider the expected date of birth of a good cat, that is, two months from the date of the birth date plus two days. If the date ends on January 20, the expected date of delivery is March 24. The purpose of calculating the birth time of kittens is to avoid the period of plum rain, humid and muggy heat or extremely cold period, so as to prevent the sick of kittens due to the bad environment at the time of birth.
After mating for 3-5 weeks, the cat’s abdomen swelled up, * turned bright pink, * also swelled, and appetite increased dramatically. These characteristics can confirm that the cat is pregnant.
Because of the surge of hormone secretion during pregnancy, the hair color of the short haired cat is more bright and colorful. Therefore, it can be used to distinguish whether the cat is pregnant.
It is ideal for females to give birth to kittens once a year, no more than twice at most.
The number of pregnancies can be controlled. If the female cat and the cat are kept together, the female cat and the male cat will be isolated during the estrus of the female cat.
In order to give birth to healthy and intelligent kittens, it is necessary to select a good healthy male cat before the female cat oestrus, so that the time will come. In particular, healthy male cats who had been vaccinated were selected.