It’s a common saying whether cats eat cat food or not. Many owners insist on feeding cat food, and many owners adopt the feeding method of what people eat and what cats eat. Everyone holds their own views. Xiaobian arranges for you whether it is better for cats to feed cat food or human food. Let’s have a look and hope it can help you Better raising cats.
Why should cats eat cat food
Cat food may give the impression of synthetic and single ingredients. But this impression is actually a misunderstanding. The cat food produced by reputable pet food manufacturers has been developed through years of efforts of researchers. The raw materials are collected from nature and contain all the nutrients needed by cats, and the proportion is appropriate. The method of disinfection and sterilization is reasonable, and the original nutrients are maintained.
If you look carefully at the packaging bag of cat food, you will find that there is a detailed composition table and proportion on it,
Take the Royal (sorry, I only have royal) indoor cat food as an example
Protein 27%, fat 13%, carbohydrate 25.3% (ash 7.6%, fiber 5.7%, edible fiber 12%), and vitamin A, D, e, taurine And copper, iron, manganese, zinc and so on. The sources of these ingredients are: rice, corn, poultry meat, hydrolyzed vegetable protein, dehydrated poultry liver, beet pulp, yeast, vegetable oil, fish oil, minerals, DL Methionine, L-lysine, taurine, trace elements and vitamins.
Cat food is the real balanced food, not a single food that people often misunderstand. It is not the “instant noodles” that pet owners “lazy” will give to cats.
In addition, many people think that the taste of cat food is single, which has wronged the cat. It’s not. The cat’s taste is very poor, much worse than people, can not taste several kinds of taste. In contrast, cats have a much better sense of smell than dogs. Therefore, a good cat food manufacturer emphasizes smell rather than eating, because cats like to eat when they smell delicious. There is no difference between fish and cat food when they eat fish in their mouth. Why is there a single taste? They like to eat canned food and wonderful fresh package. In fact, it is not difficult to find out how fishy they smell and what they taste like? Raw fish is light! More parents find that their children don’t like “overnight cans” taken out of the refrigerator or thawed in the microwave oven because the temperature changes destroy the odor molecules. Of course, it is also possible that the cat found out that the can had been rotten overnight before us Parents really feel sorry to eat one kind of cat food every day, so they can eat it for a change. Now the royal family alone has so many flavors to choose from, not to mention the colorful cans as the backup.
Of course, there are also some problems with cat food. The problem of preservatives is eternal. However, compared with malnutrition, parasites and bacterial infections, the two evils should be taken lightly, which is correct. What’s more, after the advent of cat food, the life span of pet cats has been significantly prolonged rather than shortened. The data also support the benefits of cat food.
To sum up, feeding cat food can ensure balanced and reasonable nutrition, reduce the probability of parasite and bacterial infection, and is easy to store. All kinds of data show that it is conducive to the health and longevity of cats. I can’t find a reason to replace cat food with cat food or home-made food.
What are the hazards of cats eating human food
Cats are carnivores, which have different nutritional needs from human beings. Many owners often feed cats meat, fish, liver or carrots and other foods. They think that these foods are nutritious, and cats like them. They do not know that their nutritional composition is very unbalanced, which will bring health risks to cats! If people feed too much food, it may cause health problems. For example:
1. Milk is food, it can’t replace water. As a food, milk does not provide comprehensive and balanced nutrition. Cats are intolerant of large amounts of milk, which may cause diarrhea in some cats.
2. Adding raw eggs to cat’s diet will cause vitamin H deficiency. Symptoms of vitamin H deficiency include inflammation of the skin, hair loss and slow growth.
3. Eating raw fish will cause vitamin B1 deficiency. Symptoms include anorexia (complete loss of appetite), abnormal posture, weight loss, sudden heart disease and even death.
4. Although cats like meat, meat is not a balanced diet. Raw meat may contain parasites, cooked meat may have high fat content, and the nutrient content is not balanced.
5. Daily feeding a large amount of raw liver may cause vitamin A poisoning in cats. It is obvious that if the cat is fed a balanced diet, it already contains enough vitamin A.
6. Some soft bones (such as pork ribs and chicken bones) should not be fed to cats because they can scratch or get stuck in the cat’s mouth or throat.
7. Residual food on the table can not provide balanced nutrition, so it can not meet the nutritional needs of cats.
Cats and dogs are not allowed to eat salt, and many of our human food are salty. It’s good for cats not to eat too much. If you eat it for a long time, it will cause certain harm to the body. Therefore, we suggest that you feed high-quality cat food to cats.