Tear marks are a common problem in many cats. In fact, tear marks themselves do not cause any harm to the cat’s body, but have a great impact on their external image. Especially for some white haired cats, it looks more obvious, and it will greatly reduce the cat’s image score. Therefore, we must not ignore the eye care for the cat at ordinary times, so as to prevent tear marks from affecting the appearance of the cat.
1¡¢ Causes of tear marks
1. Diet: diet is one of the most common reasons for the formation of tears in dogs, and it is also one of the reasons that we know the most. If you have a dog for more than three months, you will know that if you have a dog for three months, you will know. So in this case, first stop feeding salty dog food or food and give your dog more water. Try to eat light.
2. Eye disease or inflammation: if the dog’s eyes have inflammation or other diseases, it may cause more tears, resulting in tear marks. For example, lacrimal gland inflammation: the lacrimal gland secreting tears is infected, which causes abnormal large amount of tear secretion, and the nasolacrimal duct has no time to clear so many tears, which will lead to the outflow of tears, and over time will form ugly tear marks. There is also a more simple eye problem, which is trichiasis. Trichiasis is always irritating to the cornea. This situation can make the dog’s eyes feel very uncomfortable, resulting in frequent scratching of the eyes with their forelimbs. As a result, they are often seen to have watery appearance, which can also cause very serious tear marks.
3. Breed reason: some cats like to shed tears because of their own breed, such as exotic short hair cat and Persian cat. They all like to shed tears. Because of their special appearance, the curvature of nasolacrimal duct becomes very large, so the amount of tears discharged is limited. Even if the normal amount of tears can not be loaded, it will cause ugly tear marks or even black eye frames.
4. Genetic disease: primary excessive tears, is a hereditary disease, tears often secrete too much, so it is easy to cause tear stains.
2¡¢ How to deal with cat tears
1. If you pay attention to cleaning up at ordinary times, the tear marks will not be too obvious, and it is relatively easy to clean up. Generally, you can use hot towel to wipe more.
2. You can also use some starch and boric acid powder in half and pat it on the tear marks. The powder can absorb stains and play a bleaching role.
3. Take a teaspoon of boric acid powder and mix it in a cup of boiling water. Buy a small container and put the makeup remover in it. Pour the solution on the makeup remover and slowly pour out the excess solution. Cover the box. Then take a piece of these cotton pads every day to bleach, remove tears, and prevent the accumulation of tear marks. Remember to change the make-up cotton once a week to prevent infection caused by bacteria.
The stubborn stains on the cat’s face can be removed by the powder of starch and boric acid powder. First water into paste, paste carefully spread on the stain, natural air dry, dry after brushing off and then wipe clean. Be careful not to let the powder fall into the eyes.
The causes of tear stains are related to daily diet, nursing and related diseases. Therefore, pay more attention to diet, do not feed too salty food, and clean the cat regularly. If there are eye diseases, it is better to take the cat for examination as soon as possible, so as to avoid the more and more serious tear marks and seriously affect the beauty of cats.