Cats usually stay at home with peace of mind. Occasionally, they just climb up and down at home. They are seldom interested in outdoor activities. However, from the perspective of freedom and health, cats undoubtedly need to contact with nature. However, outdoor activities are full of danger, and complete free activities are not advisable. Therefore, walking the cat is a good way. At first, the cat may be very resistant, it will be a step-by-step process.
Why do you want to walk the cat
Cats are very sensitive to the outside world and are easily stimulated and stressed. Walking can effectively relieve the stress of cats. If the cat lacks contact with the outside world, it can cause some abnormal behavior problems, such as anxiety, excessive licking, obsessive-compulsive disorder and so on. Cats who have the habit of walking will naturally eliminate these problems. In addition, they will greatly reduce the chance of suffering from urinary tract diseases. Of course, before taking the cat out for a walk, the owner must do enough homework. Instead of taking the cat out casually, it will have a bad effect. In addition to regular fleas, the cat who goes out for a walk must be given preventive injections to ensure the safety of the cat. Preventive measures must be taken. ??
2. How to walk the cat
It is worth noting that cats and dogs have totally different personalities, so we should treat them differently when walking cats. Before you take your cat out for a walk, you should familiarize your cat with the leash and the harness. There are harness specially designed for cats, such as vest or belt. The rope is fixed in the middle of the harness instead of the neck to improve safety and reduce tension. ??
(1) use vest
1. Take out your vest at home and let the cat touch it
2. Put your cat in a vest for a while
3. When you can walk freely in your waistcoat, tie the rope
4. After matching the leash, walk around the house according to the cat’s wishes
5. When the cat is in good condition, open the door and try to let the cat go out on its own
6. When the cat went out, it worked
All of the above steps need to be adjusted according to the cat’s adaptation. Don’t be too anxious. For each step, remember to reward the cat, so that the cat has a positive idea and good impression on walking. Once the cat is frightened or unwilling, it is not suitable to continue to the next step. All the steps should be completed gradually and slowly. Walking to the cat’s pace, not so much to walk the cat, rather to accompany the cat out for a walk. ??
(2) use ropes
Choose the right walking rope, not too big. First at home for a few days, usually play with the cat rope to replace, let him develop the cat rope and play can be linked to the habit. After you go out, it’s up to him to decide you. How to go depends on his will. Generally, he won’t stay still. Don’t worry. If you insist on going to the same place, the cat will remember and be more and more daring. Try to control the cat. Pull the rope horizontally instead of vertically. Don’t pull from the head and tail, pull from the side. From the head to the tail, the cat’s throat is uncomfortable and will resist. ??
1. Timely rewards are important. If your cat learns to tolerate harness and rope for a long time and wears it, remember all kinds of flattery, compliments and food rewards. ??
2. If you have a lot of road noise or other sources of interference in your environment, and your adults feel threatened, try a quiet place to reduce visual and auditory tension. ??
3. Coax your cat to go a little bit farther every day: when she’s finally exploring her new environment with her tail up, she can go a step further. ??
4. Make sure your cat is not carrying or licking suspicious items outside. Don’t let her go up the tree. This is dangerous for a cat with harness (even if it’s not a collar)
5. Don’t leave the cat alone in a bundle, even for a minute. If she is frightened by something, she is likely to be entangled in the rope because of confusion, making her unable to avoid danger. Pay attention to the cat when you go out. ??
6. On the way of walking, it is suggested that cats should not be too close to other people’s pets or stray cats and dogs outside. On the one hand, unexpected blood conflicts can be avoided. On the other hand, because cats are exposed outside, flea problems can not be ignored, and cross infection diseases and parasites can also be avoided. ??
7. Be prepared for setbacks. ??
Of course, whether you can go out for a walk depends on the cat’s personality. Although walking has quite a lot of benefits, the actual situation still needs to be in accordance with the cat’s personality. For example, today’s cats are obviously not socialized enough, and their personality is quite shy, and they can’t get along with the guests at home. In this case, letting the cat take a walk not only wrongs the cat, but also labors the owner. ??????