The cat will eat some green plants to promote the cat to spit out the hair ball in the stomach. The professional cat grass has no harm to the cat and has no toxicity. However, some other plants at home are easy to cause poisoning after being eaten by the cat. Let’s talk about what kind of plants should not be planted at home. If the cat eats poisonous plants by mistake, what should we do ¡£
1¡¢ What kinds of plants can’t be planted by cat families?
1. Adiantum: whole plant. Excessive ingestion, diarrhea and vomiting;
2. Wenzhulan: the whole plant. A large number of ingestion will cause nervous system paralysis and death;
3. Amaranth: bulb. Eating bulbs by mistake will cause vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea and other symptoms;
4. Desert Rose: the whole plant has strong milk toxicity. Ingestion of stems and leaves or milk causes heart diseases such as heart rate acceleration and arrhythmia;
5. Catharanthus roseus: whole plant. Ingestion causes cell atrophy, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, muscle weakness, limb paralysis, etc;
6. Rhododendrons: the whole plant, flowers and leaves have strong toxicity. If ingested by mistake, it will cause vomiting, blood pressure drop, respiratory depression, coma and diarrhea;
7. Hydrangea: whole plant. Mistakenly eating stems and leaves, diarrhea, vomiting, respiratory urgency, bloody stool and other symptoms;
8. Yu Meiren: the whole grass is poisonous, but the fruit is poisonous. After eating a large number of stems and leaves, the symptoms of mania, lethargy, rapid heartbeat and uneven breathing speed appear, and death occurs in severe cases;
9. Narcissus chinensis: (whole grass, bulb toxicity is the strongest) vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, weakness, serious death;
10. Iris: (the whole plant, especially the rhizome and seeds) ingested by mistake will cause inflammation of digestive tract and liver, vomiting and diarrhea;
11. Hyacinth: (whole plant, especially bulb) stomach discomfort, cramps, vomiting and diarrhea;
In addition, there are some rare ones, such as Alternanthera alternifolia, Alocasia, morning glory, Christmas red, evergreen, delphinium, Solanum nigrum, Lantana, poinsettia, Christmas fruit, vetch, oleander, Lupin, primrose, wisteria, iron tree, saffron, castor bean, avocado, Ranunculus japonicus, Nitraria esculenta and Tianmi In addition, there are three kinds of lilies, namely, Tangniao, guayeju, Mantianxing, aloe, Ilex, alfalfa, lily of the valley, chrysanthemum, white lily and lily of tiger skin, and longevity flower.
2¡¢ How to deal with feline plant poisoning
1. Artificial emetic, simple medicine is light salt water, can induce vomiting.
2. Gastric lavage was performed with 1:5000 potassium permanganate solution or 2% – 4% sodium bicarbonate solution.
3. Infuse the suspension of general antidote (medicinal carbon 10g, tannic acid 5g, magnesium oxide 5g).
4.50% magnesium sulfate 40-60 ml catharsis.
5. Atropine 1-2 mg / time, anisodamine 10-20 mg / time, or scopolamine 0.3-0.6 mg / time can be given intravenously to antagonize the symptoms of muscarinic poisoning. The symptoms of atropine can be alleviated by repeated administration of atropine.
6. Rehydration and diuresis to prevent the cat from dehydration.
7. Symptomatic treatment, according to the cat different plant poisoning, with different drugs detoxification.
3¡¢ What are the plants that can be planted in a cat family?
1. Chlorophytum: Chlorophytum is not only harmless to cats, but also can’t be damaged by such strange creatures as cats in the way it is hung. Of course, unless you have an adventurous cat in your family.
2. Begonia: this common plant can not only beautify the home, but also be used as medicine. It is a very safe plant, even if the cat eats it.
3. Rosemary: this kind of vanilla plant is not only favored by French chefs, but also loved by cats. Planting a pot of rosemary can not only bring a room full of fragrance, but also become a spice for cat rice.
4. Alfalfa sprout: a small pot placed on the desk can beautify the environment and make your tired eyes rest. It is also a good medicine for cat to digest hair ball.
5. Cat Mint: more than half of the cats can’t resist the temptation of cat mint. Cat mint can make the cat have the illusion of happiness, and will not damage the cat’s health. It can be used as the cat’s daily entertainment food.
6. Wheatgrass: wheatgrass is the most economical and affordable cat grass. The cat will give priority to wheatgrass with strong palatability as the biting object. When the cat’s physical needs are met, it will naturally not covet your other plants.
No matter whether the plants are poisonous to cats, the destructive power of cats to plants can not be underestimated. Many cat families planting plants at the same time will be damaged by cats in varying degrees. Therefore, it is better for owners to separate plants from cats so as to protect plants and cats.