It was caused by incomplete disinfection in pet hospital. In a large-scale hospital, the doctor reopened the cat’s wound, cleaned it thoroughly and then sutured it again. He also gave an anti-inflammatory needle and then took out the stitches
I think if your cat has a little swelling near the wound and hasn’t grown well, you must take it to the hospital for thorough treatment
Common sense of nursing before and after sterilization operation
Many domestic dogs and cats have to undergo sterilization. Almost every owner will go to the pet hospital in advance to consult about the details of the operation, but they are still worried that it will endanger the life of the pet if it is not done well, and he is also at a loss about the nursing care after the operation. Although sterilization is really a small operation, but must go to a licensed regular hospital to do.
1. One day before the operation, thoroughly disinfect the home, especially under the bed, under the sofa and on the top of the wardrobe. Because some pets will be afraid of seeing people because of pain and fear after surgery. They will get into these places and will not come out. A large number of dust and bacteria may cause infection. It’s best to use disinfectant for pets. Some people use disinfectant which can seriously stimulate the cat’s respiratory system. In addition, the cat toilet should not be disinfected, because the smell of disinfectant will make it unable to find the toilet.
2. Cut your nails. Most pets begin to scratch the gauze from their wounds the second or third day after surgery. Repairing their nails in advance will make the gauze less likely to fall off.
3. If you have conditions, you’d better buy some pet nutrition cream in advance, because some cats and dogs will not eat food for several days after surgery, but this is the time when the body needs nutritional supplement most. Timely replenishing energy is good for the recovery of pets.
4. On the way to and from the hospital, pay attention to keep warm in winter, add a hot water bag wrapped with towel; in summer, cover the cat cage with wet towel.
5. Fasting for 8 hours and water for 4 hours before operation.
1. Put the pet in the nest after going home. If it has to get into a corner and refuse to come out, don’t force it, but don’t let it do strenuous exercises such as jumping, so as to avoid the wound cracking. If it must jump, try to build some steps for it, so that it can go where it wants to go. In fact, you can also keep your pet in a cage, which is more convenient.
2. Some pets will vomit within one or two days after the operation. This is due to the normal reaction of anesthetics to gastrointestinal stimulation, so there is no need to go to the hospital. If you don’t want to drink water if you vomit, give it 0.9% sodium chloride (normal saline), or go to the pharmacy to buy oral rehydration salt granules. It must be forced to be infused. At least 30ml per day can be fed with plastic needle tube. Continuous vomiting will make dehydration. 30ml normal saline can also promote gastrointestinal peristalsis and prevent postoperative intestinal obstruction.
3. On the night after the operation, the pet will feel some pain. When the pet keeps singing, it means that it can’t bear the pain. Consider using drugs to relieve postoperative pain, usually one to two days.
Don’t force yourself to eat. In general, if there are no other diseases, it doesn’t matter if you don’t eat for one or two days. When the gastrointestinal function is weak, forced feeding will also cause vomiting. Pet’s own adjustment ability is very strong, and when it’s in a better state, it will eat automatically.
5. Pay attention to body temperature. 39. If the temperature of the wound is not suitable for the treatment, it may not be effective to take anti-inflammatory medicine in the hospital.
6. Female pets should pay attention to defecation. Some will because of abdominal wound pain and dare not force defecation, often make defecation posture but can not row out, at this time will be very painful. Use the mouth of the Kaiselu (available in pharmacies) to round the mouth of the bottle. Press and hold for five minutes after half the bottle. If you can’t operate, please go to the veterinary hospital.
7. Most pets will tear off the gauze before removing the thread. Even if it is wearing the postoperative clothes, it is useless. The owner must take the trouble to disinfect the wound, bandage and bandage it, otherwise it will be inflamed and infected.
A: 80% of cats will encounter urinary system diseases, which is one of the common diseases of cats. So, what should cats do with urinary tract diseases?
First of all, if there is a problem with the cat’s urinary system, it will directly lead to the toxin can not be discharged normally, and even be healthy, and even life-threatening in serious cases. Therefore, once the parents find that the cat has abnormal excretion, they must pay close attention to it and send them to a professional pet hospital as soon as possible to avoid delaying the disease.
After being sent to the hospital, the veterinarian will conduct catheterization according to the symptoms of the cat, so as to avoid splitting the bladder of the cat. Then targeted treatment. If it is a bacterial infection of cystitis, the corresponding antibiotic treatment. For congenital urethral stricture caused by urinary tract obstruction, urethrostomy can be used to help it solve.
Because urinary system disease is a high incidence of cat disease and a greater degree of harm, so for the health of the master and son, the most critical ha, the most long-term is to help do a good job in daily care and prevention.
So, how to prevent and daily care of cat urinary system disease?
In addition to the cat’s own immunity, nutritional level, stress response, bacterial infection and other aspects, the most direct impact on the cat’s urinary system health is the daily intake of water. According to these reasons, it is suggested that parents should do something from the following aspects: increase the daily water consumption of cats:
It’s important to pay attention to the amount of water your cat drinks every day. Generally speaking, in addition to the daily intake of water in the diet, about 200 ml of drinking water is better;
2. Pay attention to nutrition and health
In addition to let the cat drink more water, improve the cat’s own immunity, prevent bacterial infection, stone formation is also very important. Don’t give your cat high salt food. Choose high quality cat food. Regularly feed some special nutrition cream for cats (such as Gooden nutrition cream) to help them improve their immune level;
3. Weight control:
Excessive obesity can easily increase the burden of liver and kidney, and induce urinary system diseases. So the right amount of nutrition is good;
4. Keep warm in winter
When the season changes, the weather temperature changes greatly, we should pay attention to keep the cat warm. Especially cats who have suffered from urinary system diseases should avoid recurrence;
5. Sterilize cats
Because the estrus period will appear disorderly urine, hold urine and so on, this will also affect the cat’s bladder health. Therefore, proper sterilization can effectively prevent urinary system problems;
6. Pay attention to cleanliness:
Urinary tract infection in cats is easy to cause urinary system diseases. Therefore, we should pay attention to the cat’s living environment, clean and disinfect frequently. In addition, we should clean the cat toilet and change the litter frequently.
I believe that according to the Xiaobian said these good methods, will certainly let the cat reduce or even far away from those urinary system diseases. Parents, take action.
What to pay attention to in cat sterilization operation (practical version) operation timing a) physiology: in principle, it is ideal to operate after the cat is mature in physiology and after one estrus. At this stage, the cat’s reproductive and corresponding organs are mature. Too early surgery, easy to cause urinary calculi and other reproductive system, urinary tract diseases. Avoid operation in estrus period, which is easy to cause massive hemorrhage. In order to prevent the cat from disturbing people at night during oestrus, you can feed a piece of Limin at about 6:00 p.m. Be careful not to take medicine for more than 3 days. Any medicine has side effects on cats and cats. Medication is not a long-term solution. On the one hand, the effect is not very obvious. On the other hand, cats are not satisfied for a long time. They are in a depressed state, which can cause hormone secretion disorder and lead to reproductive system diseases and even cancer. A mother cat should consider surgery after her health has recovered (at least one month after giving birth). b) Time: after 8 months for female cats and 9 months for males (there are great differences in the sexual maturity of different breeds of cats. Generally speaking, Asian breeds are earlier than other breeds, and short hair breeds are earlier than long hair ones). ¡¤Before surgery a) vaccine: the health condition must be good and vaccinated (for details, please refer to the relationship between sterilization and vaccine). b) Utensils: 1. A large paper box that can at least hold a cat lying on its back. 2. Clean small cotton mattress, fluttering under the box, can make the cat comfortable after surgery. (for disinfection, soak the washed mattress in drip or 84 solution, and then irradiate it in strong sunlight for more than 1 hour.) 3. Clean little quilt. Due to the operation itself and the strength of the anesthetic, the cat’s body temperature is very low after the operation, and the body’s ability to keep warm is very low. 4. Eye drops. With ordinary people with eye drops (such as chloramphenicol eye drops) can be. When cats are anesthetized, their eyes can’t be closed. If the vitreous body is exposed to the air for a long time, it will lose water. You can even see that the cat’s eyes are bright and big, and their eyes are sunken like walnut skin. So from the end of the operation, be sure to drop eye drops for the cat in time until she regains consciousness. c) Fasting, water deprivation and cleaning: general anesthesia is used for sterilization, especially for female cats. Anesthesia will be more thorough. The anesthetics used by veterinarians are basically a kind of injection called 846 mixture. This kind of anesthetic has been eliminated from doctors because of its strong reaction. It is estimated that this is the consideration for the profit of pet hospitals. As a result, cats are prone to vomiting after anesthesia, and vomiting at this time is completely unconscious, and the body will not make corresponding adjustment and protection measures, which is very easy to cause vomit to block the throat and nasal cavity, and the consequences may lead to suffocation of cats and cats. Therefore, fasting should be performed 24 hours before surgery (at least 10 hours) and only water should be supplied. Four hours before operation, no water was allowed. Preoperative fasting can not only reduce the risk of cats after anesthesia, but also can promote the recovery of appetite and eat as soon as possible. In order to keep the cat in good health even after a day’s fasting, we must take good care of the cat’s life and strive to lay a solid foundation for the cat. Two days before the operation, you can give the cat a bath, must use warm water, the time should be short, dry as soon as possible after washing, pay attention not to catch cold. Because cats and cats should not take a bath at least one month after surgery, in order to avoid wound inflammation or cold due to body resistance (cats and dogs are different, especially not used to bathing, especially cats’ skin will naturally secrete a kind of grease, clean fur and maintain health. Bathing often can destroy the cat’s function. Therefore, if the cat is kept indoors for a long time, it is not very dirty and there is no need to take a bath, especially when the temperature is low in autumn and winter).
Hello, it’s normal. The cat itself is also a sleeping animal. The living habits you mentioned are normal.
Don’t like to go downstairs to play is normal, generally a lot of cat surgery, do not want the cat always run outside. To put it more popularly, if there is no desire or desire, it will not go out
After sterilization, the cat’s utilization rate of food will increase, so don’t be too fat
Sterilization is good for cats and their offspring. It can reduce the risk of future infertility, ovaries and breast diseases. And the cat does not always run outside, will also be less sick, in order to avoid poisoning and so on.
Some cats, a few days after sterilization, had a frequent urination. This can be seen in cats that have been sterilized for a long time. This situation may be caused by the cat’s dissatisfaction with the owner’s behavior, resulting in retaliation. In addition, it may be due to incomplete sterilization and the influence after sterilization. So how to solve it?
1¡¢ Dissatisfied in the heart, revenge the master: coax it well
It is said that after the founding of the people’s Republic of China, animals can not become sperm. But in reality, cats are very sophisticated. If the owner does not cooperate with the doctor when taking the female cat to sterilization, then the female cat may be dissatisfied with the owner. After sterilizing it, it retaliates by urinating around. For such behavior, the host should stop it in time and coax it well. Can take some delicious food to tempt it, also can accompany it to speak well, slowly it will forgive the host.
2¡¢ Incomplete sterilization: it will disappear by itself
Some owners sterilize their female cats before they make trouble with them. If the operation is not done thoroughly, then the female cat will also have some disturbing images. Frequent urination is one of the common manifestations. For this reason caused by frequent urination, the owner does not have to worry too much, after a few days will disappear.
If the next cat season comes, the mother cat will begin to urinate frequently. The owner does not need to take it to do the second sterilization, which will do great harm to it. During this period, it is enough to feed it with some cat powder.
3¡¢ Effects of sterilization: feeding some
After the cat has been sterilized, the hormone secretion is out of balance. If you do not control the female cat’s food intake, and let it exercise regularly, for a long time, it is easy to have obesity, which will make the female cat prone to stone disease. If not serious, will lead to some obstruction of the urinary tract, resulting in urine can not be discharged at one time, the phenomenon of frequent urination. In this regard, the owner should adjust the diet structure, feed it with good quality cat food, and mix in some diuretic food to feed. In addition, when feeding, you can give it to the female cat together with meow Lushun.
1. Drink more water. Drinking water can cause urination. Urinating more is conducive to the prevention of lower urinary tract infection. If cats don’t like drinking water, you can use self-circulation water dispenser, such as beshion
2. Prevent oral diseases in cats. Licking cats will cause urinary tract infections.
3. Reduce the possibility of urinary tract bacterial infection by using cat food containing anti bacteria formula, such as sakiyuan pureration brand
4. Increase the amount of exercise of cats, obese cats are more likely to have urethritis.
There are many reasons why cats are playing at home. Here are some common reasons and solutions for your reference.
Male cats that are not sterilized will urinate around, emit their own odor, and attract female cats. A few female cats will also urinate in estrus.
2. Pathological dysuria
It is necessary to rule out whether there are urinary system diseases. This situation is also common in male cats, because male cats have special urinary tract structure and urethral stricture. Many reasons can cause frequent urination and disorderly urination. Please seek medical advice in time for the above conditions.
3. Litter basin / litter
Maybe the litter basin is not clean, or the location of the litter basin is not suitable for the cat, or the size of the litter basin is not suitable, etc. if the litter is replaced, some cats will urinate disorderly, and it will take a transitional period to change the litter.
4. Attract the owner’s attention
Cat urination may also be due to the owner’s long-term neglect, some cats simply want to cause the owner’s attention before deliberately disturbing. If this is the case, the owner should pay more attention to the interaction time with the cat and cultivate mutual feelings.
No matter what method, the first problem is to clean the original urine stains and urine smell first! Otherwise, it’s useless to toss about.
1. Cleaning and deodorizing
The place where the cat urinates must be cleaned and deodorized in time, otherwise the cat will continue to go to the toilet after smelling the original smell. Cats have special deodorant water, and we can also spray the smell of toilet water, perfume and so on.
If it is because of the chaotic urine caused by estrus, sterilization is the most fundamental way. Maybe the cat will urinate disorderly after sterilization, because the hormone in the cat has not been metabolized completely, which will disappear in about 3 months under normal circumstances.
3. Changing toilet environment
If it’s the litter, the litter basin, that we need to change. It is recommended to clean the litter in the morning and evening, and clean the litter basin once every half a month.
4. Disease prevention
Male cats should pay special attention to the prevention of urinary tract diseases, try to make cats drink more water, and change clean and fresh drinking water every day,
Always clean the litter basin, do not let litter have a lot of excreta.
5. Correct guidance
For cats who urinate in disorder, encouragement can be used. When the cat is full for 15 minutes, put the cat in the litter basin and remind it to go to the toilet. If the cat does the right thing, reward snacks timely. Don’t beat and scold. Sometimes it just backfires.
Dogs don’t have the concept of toilets. It’s normal for dogs to defecate in a new environment. You should be prepared to clean up after its buttocks in the first month.
Dogs have the habit of defecating when they wake up after eating and drinking water. We must make use of this habit to guide them to defecate at designated places during these easy defecation periods. Therefore, the premise is to feed it as much as possible timing quantitative, let it have a fixed period of time defecation habits. For example, if you wake it up and take it out for a walk in the morning, it will defecate outside. As time goes by, it will naturally defecate. Even if you don’t go to it, it will drag you to take it out.
If you want to clean up the place where it is disorderly to urinate, it is best to spray or wipe it with disinfectant. There is no residual smell of urine or feces. It may follow the smell when it has defecation intention.
Be patient. You can’t train well in one day.