A cat’s movements are not as big as a dog’s. it is often necessary to learn about the cat’s health from the small details in daily life. In any case, we should form the habit of “observing” and “recording”, so as to master the cat’s physical health!
1. Depressed cat is the precursor of many diseases, when the cat is slow, introverted, slow reaction, we must pay attention to other reactions to judge the disease.
2. Anorexia when the cat suddenly appears anorexia or the phenomenon of sudden increase in food intake, it shows that the cat’s body is abnormal, the milder disease is hirsutism, the serious disease is diabetes.
3. The cat with abnormal respiratory tract has respiratory symptoms, such as sneezing, coughing, dyspnea and other symptoms. It may be that the cat has a nasal bronchial problem or has a cold.
4. Vomiting is also one of the important manifestations of a cat’s illness. The owner should pay attention to the observation. If the cat’s mental appetite is normal after vomiting, it is generally just the vomit of hair balls, and it is not necessary to pay attention to it; if vomiting continues, it is necessary to fast food, water and feed lactase for 24 hours.
5. The nose is dry and hot. The nose of a healthy cat is moist and cold. Except when the cat is sleeping and just waking up, if the nose is dry, it means that the cat is not very comfortable. If your cat’s nose is dry and hot, take your cat’s temperature immediately. The cat is likely to have a fever.
6. Halitosis studies show that 70% of cats may have gum problems when they are 3 years old. Be sure to have your cat’s mouth examined every six months to prevent problems or to treat them as soon as possible. Bad breath is also a sign of problems outside the mouth, such as exhaustion.
7. Drooling when a cat has symptoms of drooling, pay attention to observe the cat’s mouth. The causes of the cat’s drooling include ingestion of foreign bodies, oral ulceration, etc., and in severe cases, it may be cat leukemia.
8. Once a cat, especially a male cat, has urinary system problems, parents must pay attention to it immediately, because once a cat holds urine for more than 24 hours, it will cause azotemia, even renal failure and uremia, and the consequences are very serious.
9. The third eyelid is exposed. When a cat sleeps, if you peel off its eyelids, you can see that there is a white membrane attached to the eyeball, which is called the third eyelid. When a cat has a fever or is seriously weak, it shows the third eyelid.
10. When a lame cat does not dare to land on the ground or limps, it may be a thorn in the foot if it is slight, or it may be a fracture if it is serious.
11. Activity changes remember that cats don’t move slowly just because they’re getting older. Getting older is not a disease! In fact, some of the problems can cause a lot of activity in the old cat. Slow movement, sometimes bone and joint problems or symptoms of systemic disease.
12. A change in call, especially in older cats, that may be a symptom of pain, anxiety, or disease.
British short haired cat
In life, it is inevitable that cats have a fever and a cold, but as parents, we should find the symptoms of cats’ discomfort in time, and actively treat them, so that the cats can recover quickly. It is worth noting that once the kittens who have not been immunized have problems, please go to the hospital as soon as possible and ask a doctor for treatment.
1. First of all, if the cat is immunized in time, under normal circumstances, the cat will not have any big problems. But there are still common problems like cold, indigestion and diarrhea.
2. If you find that the cat is not as lively as usual, the spirit is not very good, and always prone to do not love to move, you need to arouse the attention of parents. In this case, you can touch the nose of a cat first. The nose of a healthy cat should be cold and moist. If it’s dry, there’s a problem. Then you can take the cat’s temperature. Under normal conditions, the temperature should be about 38 degrees 7. If it is over 39 degrees 5, it can be considered as a fever. The cause of fever is mostly due to inflammation, so we should consider taking it to the hospital as appropriate.
3. Diarrhea is a common disease in kittens. Dyspepsia, changing food or eating too much, or catching cold and other reasons can cause diarrhea. Due to indigestion caused by loose stool, Mimi is laxative, but the spirit is very good, you can feed some lactase to help digestion. If you want to have a bad spirit, you will go to the hospital and ask the doctor to deal with it.
Common: listlessness, nose dry fever, loss of appetite, respiratory tract abnormalities, vomiting.
When a cat has a cold, it will have sneezing and runny nose. Sometimes when the cold gets worse, it will be accompanied by cough and eye dropsy. The cat will be afraid of cold and light, and will curl up in the cat’s nest or a corner for a whole day. So when the cat has cold symptoms, the owner should take timely measures to help the cat cure the cold.
1. Do a good job in keeping warm: cats are mostly caused by catching cold. Cats will become afraid of cold after catching a cold. Therefore, the owner should pay attention to keeping warm for the cat to prevent the cat from catching cold again and aggravating the cold. If the cat’s nest is not very comfortable and warm, you need to put clothes or blankets in the cat’s nest. For short haired cats, it is necessary to put on clothes. If it is cold in autumn and winter, it is necessary to turn on the heater to warm the cat. Don’t give the cat a bath during the bath, as it is easy to catch cold in the process of bathing.
2. Pay attention to nutrition: if the cat’s resistance is poor, it is also easy to catch a cold, and the cat’s resistance will be lower after a cold, so the owner should supplement the cat with a variety of nutrients during this period to enhance the resistance. The cat can be fed with meowi nutrition cream to quickly supplement nutrition. In addition, you can also eat some extra meat such as fish, chicken and * * to supplement protein and vitamin. It should be noted that the cat’s cold will affect the gastrointestinal function, easy to cause diarrhea, so the meat can not be fed too much, and should be made into broken meat.
3. Feeding cat cold medicine: the common cat’s cold is primarily self-healing. The early work is to keep the cat warm and supplement nutrition. The cat with strong resistance can heal a mild cold by itself, but if the cold can’t heal itself, it needs to take cold medicine. You can give your cat a special cold medicine. The common one is amiodamine. Don’t feed people’s cold medicine at will. Some owners can’t control the feeding dose. If the cat eats too much, it will cause poisoning and death.
When the climate changes, it is easy to cause cats to catch a cold. Cat cold can cause cat fever and upper respiratory tract inflammation, then how to determine the cat is a cold? The following small make up for you to sort out some cat cold symptoms for your reference.
1. A cat’s nose is dry and hot: under normal circumstances, the nose of a cat should be moist and cold. If the nose of a cat becomes very dry and still a little hot, it is best to take a temperature measurement for the cat immediately, because the cat is generally ill.
2. The cat’s respiratory tract is abnormal: the cat sneezes the frequency to increase, even cough, dyspnea, at this time the cat is sick, generally is nose bronchitis or cold.
3. Loss of appetite and tears in the eyes: cats are depressed after a cold, have a loss of appetite or do not eat, increase in breathing and heartbeat, conjunctival flush, tears in eyes, often claw nose.
4. Cat cough runny nose: cough phenomenon, runny nose, initial serous, later yellow sticky shape, rapid breathing, body temperature rise, chills, if not treated in time, may be complicated with tracheitis, bronchitis and other diseases.
5. The differences of warm and warm symptoms in cats are as follows: ¢Ù the early symptoms of warm fever in cats and the early symptoms of parvovirus disease. Clinically, the main symptoms are temperature rise, sneezing, bashful tears and runny nose.
¢Ú When the cat is infected with the feline fever virus, the body temperature is generally two-way fever, and the body temperature varies from high to low. Most of the sick cats have the symptoms of eye dropsy.
¢Û In the early stage of the virus, vomiting, diarrhea and other main symptoms were mainly accompanied by vomiting and diarrhea.
6. Feline respiratory virus: the common pathogens of respiratory tract include feline herpesvirus, which causes rhinotracheitis, and feline calicivirus, which account for more than 3 / 4 of the causes of respiratory diseases in cats.
7. Route of infection: when a cat is infected with the virus, it will sneeze, and the virus in the nasal cavity will spread from droplets to a few feet away and infect other cats. However, the probability of infection by human contact is also very high, that is to say, after touching the cat and then dealing with another one, the disease spread.
8. Seeking professional assistance: due to lack of experience, it is easy to treat serious infectious diseases as a cold, resulting in misdiagnosis and wrong treatment, resulting in serious consequences of cat death.
If the cat’s nose is cold or cold, the cat’s nose will become chilly and cold all day long. If the cat’s nose is cold, the cat’s nose will become cold and cold, and the cat’s nose will become cold and cold. If the cat’s nose is cold, the cat’s nose will become cold and cold, and the cat’s nose will become cold and cold. So after the cat has a cold, how does pet deal with it?
1. Keep warm
Cat cold must be done to keep warm, if the cat is always cold, it will aggravate the cold. Wrap the cat’s belly with a towel, if necessary. Don’t sleep on the floor for the cat at night, and don’t let the cat sleep outside. Check whether the cat stays in the cat’s nest before going to bed.
2. Take cold medicine
Cats also need to take cold medicine for a cold. However, don’t give the cat a human cold medicine. The ingredients in it are not suitable for the cat’s constitution. Some ingredients are toxic to the cat. If the owner does not know the medical knowledge, don’t try it lightly and send it to the hospital for professional doctors to give medicine to the cat.
3. Strengthen nutrition
Cat resistance will be reduced after a cold, so during the period to strengthen nutrition supply, so that the cat’s body quickly recover, enhance resistance. In addition to cat food, you can also eat some cat’s fast tonic cream to supplement various trace elements that are not found in the food. In addition, you can also make some fish meat and chicken breast meat for your cat to increase your appetite, add protein and fat. Of course, don’t drop fruits and vegetables. If you eat spinach, carrot, apple puree, etc., it’s good for your health and can be prevented The cat has indigestion and constipation.
It should also be noted that cats are not suitable for bathing when they are sick, which may catch cold again during bathing. During this period, it is not suitable for vaccination and deworming. The cat’s resistance after illness is very poor. If the cat is vaccinated or deworming during the period, the cat’s resistance will be worse, which will easily aggravate the disease and cause adverse reactions.