In fact, there are many colors. Fold ear is only a gene, not a variety. Many common British short hairs carry a gene. Generally speaking, a cat with folded ears depends on its appearance and many colors. However, if you want to find a good one, you should observe carefully and trace the blood relationship of the previous generation. Although there is no need for competition standards, at least it should be coordinated. Popular products are better in that their heads are bigger, their bones are thicker, their bloodlines are usually shorter, and their round faces are more lovely.
In addition, it is important to choose the appearance of a cat, but the most important thing is that the cat is good in character, not afraid of people, easy-going, and not too naughty!
The Scottish Fold eared cat, with its lovely and charming appearance, attracted many people’s interest. But interestingly, at that time, they were more common abroad than in their hometown, Scotland, England. Since this breed was not recognized by the cat fans Management Committee at that time, British breeders were hardly interested in it. It was accepted in the United States in 1973, and was recognized by the British Cat Association in 1984, 11 years later than that in the United States. Susie, which suddenly gave birth to the folded eared kitten, is the earliest origin of the Scottish folding ear cat. However, this kind of fold down ear is a rare mutation.
Because of the birth of deformed cats in the past, breeding was banned in the UK for a period of time. After careful breeding, healthy kittens have been bred and won the title of CFA in 1978. The ears of Scotch jacketed cats are not folded when they are born. Their ears begin to fold down when they are about three to four weeks old Or simply do not fold down! It’s not until 11 to 12 weeks old that breeders can tell what they look like (PET, breeder or race).
Nowadays, only those with broken ears can participate in the competition. Of course, every breeder hopes to breed a cat that can participate in the competition. However, the value of standing ear folded cat in breeding process is priceless.
Highland fold ear, also known as long hair fold ear, is a very special shape of folded ear. It has not only delicate and lovely shape, but also gorgeous fur, so it is loved by many folding ear enthusiasts.
But more people are wondering why the ears have long hair. The emergence of the ear of highland fold can be traced back to the World War II. At that time, yingduan was on the verge of extinction. In order to save the variety, breeders once used Persian and breviscapus to breed, and chose the ones with similar shape to yingduan to continue breeding. Although this saved British short, it also brought Persian hair gene into many of her blood lines. However, it was propagated with breviburnum, which led to the introduction of long hair gene into the pedigree of Fraxinus. So now there are not only highland folds, but also British long hair, which is not recognized. If both of the two short haired cats carry the recessive long hair gene, the offspring may have the dominant feature of long hair. It is also because of the difficulty and beauty of highland folding ears that they are very precious.
One of the most important thing is to pay attention to the fact that parents are one fold and one stand. There are many cases of false erect ears
It’s a half folded ear. However, non professional breeders can’t distinguish the true and false ears, especially the effect of temperature on the folded ears, which makes the half fold look like standing ears, thus causing the half fold to participate in breeding. As a result of the absolute prohibition of ear folding breeding, the buyer must pay attention to confirm whether the parents have a discount or not.
1. Select and feed the kittens who have passed the lactation period. At the same time, the selected cat with folded ears has to go through a certain high-risk period. So the young cat with folded ears enters the house
After that, it will be easier to grow healthily.
2. It is necessary to carefully check the health of the cat when selecting. You can feed the cat some food, tease the cat, and observe the cat’s reaction. The healthy cat, to the surrounding movement, the response is very alert, in the face of their favorite food, will not be polite.
3. Observe the feces removed by the cat. Feces are one of the most effective ways to check the health of cats. The feces of healthy cats are moderately soft and hard, showing strip shape. If there is a sick cat, the excrement is hard or liquid, and the feces are green, black or other abnormal colors.
4. Healthy cats are in a very good mental state. Their eyes are crystal clear and their eyes are sharp. The hair is soft and fluffy, and the texture is smooth.
5. Head: round and strong chin and jaw. The snout of the root of the beard is round. The head is closely connected with a thick neck. The male cat has prominent gills and a prominent but wide jaw.
6. Eyes: big eyes with a sweet look. The eyes are large, round and separated on both sides of the wide nose. The color of the eyes matches the color of the coat.
7. Nose: the nose is short and has a gentle curve. Slight interruptions are allowed, but if there are obvious depressions, it is a disadvantage.
8. Ears: fold the ears forward, round at the top and close to the head. Small and smaller ears that buckle to the head are better than loose and large ears.
9. Body: medium, round, straight from shoulder to waist. The cat must stand firmly and not lack of movement because of its short and thick legs. Its claws must be neat and round. There are 5 fingers in the front claw and 4 fingers in the back claw. The bones are medium-sized from head to tail and have no defects. Female cats may be smaller.
However, it should be noted that some people breed with chinchilla, Persian and other long haired cats and fold ears, and the offspring with long hair are sold as highlands. This is not allowed. If a kitten has a lot of long hair in it, then you need to be careful about lineage.