Because it is an adult cat, so when moving, it’s best to bring the familiar things to the new house, such as the cat’s nest, bedpan, food basin and so on.
Secondly, when you have a new home, you should let it get familiar with the environment and don’t let it be disturbed by other things. Because of a new environment, you should take strict care of your cat in the previous week, and take care of it more carefully than before to give it the greatest satisfaction.
In the first few times out to play, you need to accompany, in case of missing. And after a new environment, do not allow them to roam at night.
I hope it will help you.
What should I pay attention to on the way~
First of all, buy a cat bag and put it in it. Pay attention to the size. Don’t buy it too small, or he will be uncomfortable in it. It is convenient to put it in the cat bag to prevent him from running away. If he takes public transportation, it will not cause trouble to other people. There is a traffic problem when you go home. If you have a car at home to pick you up, if you want to take a car or train, ask if you can take it and what procedures are needed. If it’s a long way to go, consider giving him some sleeping pills to let him sleep all the way back.
When you get home, you should close the doors and windows, and don’t let him run out, otherwise it will be difficult to find. Anyway, you go home. Although the environment is strange, you are familiar with him. If there are many rooms in your house, you can lock him in your room first and let him get familiar with your room first, and then get familiar with other rooms in your house. If you don’t have a big home, it’s like two bedrooms and one living room. As long as you don’t let him run outside the house, you can walk around the house with him and let him find a happy place to squat down. You can let him see you more. Let him know you’ve been following him and not throwing him away.
Take all the things that he could bring in your rental room, such as toys, cushions, rice pots, sand pots and so on. There is his smell on them. He will be more comfortable when he smells his own.
No cat will like to leave its familiar environment, so when you need to take it to a bigger, better, more comfortable house to live in, be sure to consider the cat’s feelings.
Don’t pack at home all of a sudden, it will make the cat at a loss and can’t adapt to it. It’s better to do some cleaning work every day, so start to do it slowly in advance and do it for a few more days.
The day of moving
When you put a cat in a cage or in a room without things, you must close the door so that the cat will not be frightened and run away when the workers move things.
If the cat is sent to the new house in advance, it should be accompanied by someone else. In a strange environment, if there is no familiar person to accompany, it is a very terrible thing for the cat.
After arriving at the new home
First place the cat in the bathroom or kitchen, where there are less people going in and out, and place the cat nest, sand basin, toys and other things. After all the movers have left, the cat will be released to adapt to the new environment. Otherwise, the cat may be lost in the panic.
1. When moving, don’t put the cat on the truck carrying furniture. The cat must be with the owner.
2. If you have a friend who is very familiar with your cat, you can consider putting the cat in your friend’s house first, so that not only can you move with ease, but your cat will not be frightened in the move. Clean up the new home and then bring it back, so as to avoid it from being a little gray cat in the process of watching.
Preparation before moving
The house must be in a mess before moving, and the owner will be too busy to beat the back of his head. If you don’t want to frighten your cat, try to keep it in a quiet room when you pack it. On the day of moving, be careful not to let the cat run away. Before you go to your new home, put your cat in the air box, where you can put some snacks.
Some cats can adapt to the air box very well, others will howl to come out. If it is the latter case, the cat should be allowed to adapt to the air box a few days before moving. Only when the cat thinks that the air box is a safe hiding place, will it honestly stay in it.
After arriving at the new home
When you arrive at your new home, don’t immediately open the air box and put your cat in a vast and completely unfamiliar environment. If the cat can’t find a hiding place at this time, it’s really frightening to pee. First put the cat in a separate room. It is better to put the cat’s used items in the room, such as the previous Cat Toilet, cat nest and cat toys. These old items have the smell of a cat on them. Only when the cat smells the familiar smell, it will not be so afraid.
In the room, put a cat basin and water basin, when the cat is no longer afraid to release, so that it can familiarize itself with other rooms.
Familiarize yourself with your new home
I remember the last time I moved, when I arrived at my new home, I put my cat in a separate small room. Even so, the timid cat in the litter still refused to come out, until a week later, gradually did not feel afraid. For timid creatures like cats, we must give them enough time to get familiar with the new environment. At the same time, the owner should give enough attention and interaction, and appease the cat when it is upset, so that the cat will adapt to the new environment faster.
Moving to a new home is a big challenge for cats. If the cat has any adverse reactions, such as not eating or drinking for several days, you need to take it to a pet hospital for professional help.
1. First of all, you should give the cat a quiet environment. Don’t let the children make noise to it. When you enter the house, the cat is still nervous. Playing with children will make it more alert. Only in a quiet environment can it feel relaxed and eat at ease.
2. Check cat food and water every two hours to see if it’s eating and drinking, and whether the excretion is normal. After checking, remember to play with the cat for a while, bring some snacks and cat toys, and communicate with it to increase emotion.
3. Put some cat Mint in the cat activity area and arrange some toys such as cat scratch board. Conditional, take some of its original place of life items, so that the cat can be familiar with as soon as possible.
4. If you don’t eat or drink water all day after coming back, you should pay attention to it. Contact the previous owner or send the doctor as soon as possible.
Please don’t give it a bath in a month. It is easy to reduce the resistance, please wait for the cat to adapt to the new environment before giving it a peaceful bath.
6. Please do not change cat food for one month. Cats are picky about food. In the new environment, don’t change the ration. Otherwise, the cat is prone to hunger strike. After stability, change food slowly.
Tips for kittens to go to a new home
1. Kittens can’t take a bath from birth to one month after vaccination (about kittens can’t bathe before 4 months old)
2. After the kitten is taken home from the cat house, it needs to be kept in captivity for a week, and must continue to eat the cat food provided by the original owner to avoid diarrhea caused by food change.
3. Animal behaviorists have found that kittens have the strongest ability to adapt to the environment from 8 weeks to 12 weeks. In order to reduce the stress response to unfamiliar environment, this period is the best time to go to a new home, and it is also the best time to cultivate emotions with new owners. The older the cat is, the greater the stress response to the environment.
4. When kittens go to a new home and adapt to the new environment, they will have an exploration period to explore the new environment. The new owner should shop the doors and windows, and clean up the wires to avoid accidents caused by kittens’ curiosity. In particular, kittens begin to change their teeth after 4-5 months, and they like to ask for things. it is to be noted that
5. New parents should set up a special area for kittens to grind their paws in the fixed area since childhood. Avoid damaging furniture.
6. All the kittens in our nest cat house will use the litter (pine litter) before going to the new house. The new parents need to guide the kittens to defecate in the new toilet, so that they can remember the location of the toilet. The owner needs to deal with the defecation of the kitten in time to avoid breeding bacteria or being trampled out by the kitten.
7. In the new environment, if there is no one at home, please put the kitten in the cage and put enough food and water. (it happens that kittens get under the sofa but can’t get out
8. The kitten will occasionally show signs of tears after eating, and there will also be eye droppings every morning. The new owner needs to help the kitten remove the eyedroppings and tears every day to avoid leaving yellow tear marks on the hair.
9. Kittens need to clean their ears every week. New owners need to dip cotton swabs in ear water to clean their ear canal to avoid long-term earwax breeding.
Reference: Baidu Encyclopedia cat
When cats come to a new environment, they will feel very nervous and afraid.
It likes to hide under the bed or sofa. First, it is safer there. Second, it can observe the situation around the house through it. At this time, you should not be too anxious. Any attempt to pull the cat out of the bed will only increase its restlessness, or do not disturb it and let it adapt slowly.
It is a good phenomenon for your cat to go out for a stroll at night. Ah, it is carefully familiar with your home environment. At this time, even if you find out, don’t rush to hold it or tease it. Otherwise, it may backfire and frighten it back to bed.
Food and water and litter must be prepared for it, and the location should be fixed. Food and water should be changed frequently to keep it fresh and clean. Cat litter should be cleaned up in time.
What’s more, when talking to the cat, you should whisper softly to avoid frightening the cat.
Finally, try to keep quiet at home, which is good for the cat to adapt to the environment.
Don’t worry. It just doesn’t adapt. It will come out when it gets used to it.
1. Don’t worry. You should have enough patience and love for the new cat.
2. Cat’s courage is certainly smaller than you, especially when it comes to your home. It is a completely strange environment for it, and it needs to adapt and understand.
3. Don’t be too eager to get close to it. It may feel like a threat to you. After all, it has not established a good trust relationship with you. Be gentle with it and don’t try to get it out. When it gets familiar with it, it will come out.
I’ve been feeding cats for 10 years. Kittens are different puppies. They are naturally timid. It will take a longer time for them to get familiar with you and your family. If they have been frightened by human beings before they come to your house, I’m afraid they will adapt more slowly. But they are very independent. You have to pretend to ignore them and let them take their own time. When there is no one else, they will Cats don’t get sick when they go out. But even if they are familiar with you, they won’t be tired of you. They seem to learn to enjoy loneliness and hope to help you
Give you a clear way, give it a separate space or room, in this space, you put water, food and cat litter, and then you don’t pay attention to it. When it’s hungry, it will naturally peep around and no one will run out to eat. You blindly appear in front of it or within its vision range, and drag it out every time, of course, it will be very harmful Fear;
The house it is in should not be the kind of room that is dark all day long. For example, if it hides in a room, you can open the door of the room, and your own room can also be opened. As it gradually adapts, the kitten’s natural curiosity will drive it to wander around. When it comes to you and looks at you, don’t hold it and catch it Reach out your hand and let it smell you so that it will remember you. In short, there is no need to worry about all these processes. After a week, there will be no problem. In 3 or 4 days, it will be OK.
Cat owners can start from this aspect to help the cat, such as using some familiar daily necessities for the cat, such as cat’s nest, cat bowl, cat litter basin and other things with familiar flavor, or some toys in the past, which can help the cat get familiar with the environment. In this way, maybe the cat can eat with confidence and boldness.