1. First of all, the source of pigs must be safe and qualified. The suggestion is from the pig friends in the same city and ask others to do it. Because the concept of domestic is completely different from that in flower and bird market and pet shop. Its health and closeness are unmatched by pet shops
2. In fact, there is no difference between male and female Dutch pigs. However, boars stink a little and often help them clear their fart sacs. Otherwise, problems may arise. If reproduction is not considered, sows can also be used. Sows will be a little more expensive than boars in terms of price.
3. On the question of whether it is easy to raise, pigs are really easy to raise. Dutch pigs like to be cool and can’t be put directly in the sun. Food is: unlimited timothy grass + enough pig food + enough cold boiled water + proper amount of fruits and vegetables + a small amount of molar food, snacks, alfalfa grass, black curtain grass and other grasses except for raising grass.
4. Generally speaking, there will be no problem with the normal breeding. My sow gave birth to 3.6 kg, and the boar is more exaggerated, 4.4 kg. However, there are boars older than 2 years old, and the sows are only 1 year old. Therefore, there is no obvious difference in weight. There is no need to consider the weight.
5. In terms of personality, sows are more afraid than boars. It depends entirely on the individual and has nothing to do with the group. It can’t be generalized that sows are less intimate than boars. Anyway, my sows like their relatives more than boars, and they will take the initiative to look for food.
Anyway, I wish you a healthy pig.
In the words of Dutch pigs,
Only raise one best foster mother, because the mother does not have gonads, will not secrete that kind of smelly secretion, and the mother’s small and light weight, adult is about 700 grams, male eat good words 1.2 kg no problem.
In terms of eating, the female Dutch pig eats less, and the male can eat it. Of course, the male can eat very fat and fat. It feels good to touch, ha ha
In terms of personality, the mother is more timid, the male has a bigger list and is more curious. The male feels easier to communicate with others
Male and female are almost the same, but there are some differences in oestrus. If a girl raises a male, a boy raises a female. Buy a small cage that allows him to exercise (the kind that can run) ~ ensure that the temperature of its nest is as constant as possible (the temperature when it is stable is appropriate), change the temperature to keep it warm and use sawdust to disinfect regularly~
What are the disadvantages of raising Dutch pigs?
Nowadays, keeping pets is a common phenomenon. More and more people deal with pets in order to relieve their loneliness and anxiety. There are cats, dogs, birds, turtles, and even Alpaca However, a small number of people also have personalized pets, such as Dutch pigs. If you haven’t heard the name of the Dutch pig, do you think it’s similar to a domestic pig?
In fact, the Dutch pig is a kind of guinea pig family rodents, namely guinea pigs, also known as guinea pigs, guinea pigs and so on. In fact, the Dutch pig has long been extinct in the wild. Before the extinction, the Dutch pig lived in the original grassland habitat in the wild, and later existed as a pet around the world. It is not big, relatively small limbs, cute appearance, is a very cute pet. But the sense of smell and hearing are more developed, the courage is also very small, can make a strong response to some sensitive stimuli, classified as nocturnal animals. Therefore, if you want to raise a Dutch pig, you must understand it in advance. Don’t blindly raise it. Try to understand the precautions of raising Dutch pig in advance, so as not to be too comfortable after raising. So what are the disadvantages of raising Dutch pigs?
01, heavy body odor
If you want to raise a Dutch pig, you must take care of its living environment. The Dutch pig is not too dirty, but its body odor is heavy, but clean owners can’t often take a bath for it because of its heavy body odor. Especially in winter, it should not be more than once a month. Of course, can also start from other aspects to remove the odor, the host can frequently clean up, the best in its excreta under the sawdust and other cushion materials, can reduce the odor emission.
02. If you get angry, you may catch someone
The Dutch pig used to be a gregarious animal. It had a bad habit of catching people. When it was in a bad mood, it would hide in a small corner. At this time, the owner had better not reach out and touch it to avoid being scratched. In addition, the Dutch pig is less daring and more alert. It is better for the owner not to frighten it casually so as to avoid being scratched or bitten by it.
03, nocturnal animals, make noise at night
Because the Dutch pig belongs to the nocturnal animals, so it is the most energetic time at night, it will inevitably make some sounds, affecting the master’s sleep. And when a Dutch pig is angry, it may also make a call. Therefore, if you are afraid of affecting your sleep, you can put it in the living room so that you won’t disturb your rest.
04, bacterial transmission
In fact, keeping any pet will inevitably have bacteria spread, of course, Dutch pig is no exception, but due to the stronger resistance of human beings, the bacteria carried by Dutch pigs have little impact on human beings, so owners need not worry too much. Pay attention to observe the health condition of domestic Dutch pig, and clean it up. If you are really worried, the owner can also take the Dutch pig to the pet hospital for physical examination within a fixed time, so as to enhance the awareness of protection and health.
Slow cooked, too late to sleep, can eat, very smelly.
It’s better for Dutch pigs to eat professional food, not to feed them casually. Drinking water should be clean and cool, otherwise it is easy to get wet tail disease. Molly Dutch pig, rabbit and hamster look like teeth. In addition to not feeding too soft food, you should also prepare some molar toys. Dutch pigs are nocturnal animals, so they play with them at night. Dutch pigs eat at night, so you should eat more before you go to bed.
Dutch pigs are very tasty, especially in summer. Try feeding a deodorant rat food to the Dutch pigs. In addition, you should always change the mat, or you should often bath the Dutch pig. Unlike hamsters, Dutch pigs can be raised together. However, we should pay attention to the choice of body shape, otherwise the weakness will be eliminated. A man and a woman should be psychologically prepared and grow up.
Piglets are usually fat and don’t usually stand up. Many people sometimes like to lure them to stand up with food. Little Dutch pigs will stand on their necks to get enough food, and sometimes even fall down, but I don’t recommend that, at least don’t let them fall.
When they were children, maybe it was not a big problem, but after six months, they became fat, so it was easy to stare at them. When you give them food, you should be careful not to let their heads fall too far.
The disadvantage of raising a Dutch pig is that it has a strong taste and needs to take a bath regularly. There are no other disadvantages.
However, there are some reasons for raising Dutch pigs
1. Although the Dutch pig will control the right amount of it, you must keep the pot full at all times, because it may need to eat at any time, and the pig should choose ceramic or stainless steel with certain weight and not easy to be knocked over.
2. Most animals can have vitamin C in their bodies, with the exception of Dutch pigs. Raising a Dutch pig needs to supplement vitamin C for it. While feeding special feed, you can match some vegetables and fruits for it to eat. It’s a good idea to give it fruits after eating.
3. Food timothy grass must be provided, and an unlimited amount of feed should be added in the morning and in the evening (unlimited alfalfa hay was recommended six months ago, and unlimited timothy grass was recommended after six months).
4. Some taboo food: first of all, bean products, such as tofu, tofu contains more calcium, which will react with oxalic acid in some vegetables to produce calcium oxalate, which will have a harmful effect on the body of guinea pigs
5. Secondly, the guinea pig has a very sensitive sense of smell, and will have a sense of disgust to some food with heavy smell, so try not to feed it food with heavy smell.
Special attention: it has too many natural enemies. When you go out, you should be careful to eat rats, cats, dogs and other animals.
What you should know before you get a pig:
1. Dutch pig is also a constant temperature animal. Although it has fur, it is still afraid of cold and heat, and likes to live in a warm and quiet environment.
2. Too strong light, will cause pig eye stab, pigs are naturally afraid of water, so do not let pigs long-term exposure to strong sunlight, do not try to let pigs swim.
3. Although they have a certain mind, they are pets after all, and they may not understand every word of you. They will not change their nests and clean up their excrement. Therefore, please be patient and loving. You should clean and take care of them by yourself. Regular cleaning can make you have a clean pig.
4. Pets have more or less some flavor, pigs are no exception, so people who are particularly sensitive to smell should consider whether they can accept it.
5. Pig may not accompany you for a lifetime, but a master is its life. Pigs are adapted to family rearing and have no independent living ability. Compared with general rodent pets, pigs have a longer life span and generally can survive for 7-10 years under healthy conditions. Therefore, be prepared for long-term rearing before adoption. If you adopt, please cherish your time with it. Don’t let it go at will. Because of special reasons, it can’t be raised. Please look for a family who can continue to take care of it.
6. Although pigs can be raised close to human beings, don’t expect the pigs that have just been brought home to get together with you. There is always a stage for them to adapt to. Please keep them patiently and wait for them to be familiar with the home environment and adapt to the changes of living environment.
7. Because of genetic factors, pigs are naturally unable to get vitamin C. lack of vitamin C will cause septicemia and cause pig death! So we should pay attention to it.
8. In the early stage of Dutch pig feeding, the equipment input is about 100 ~ 200 yuan, and after that, the minimum monthly cost of each pig is about 30 ~ 50 yuan. Before adoption, you need to consider your financial situation before making a decision.
Dutch pigs smell big and bad, with fleas, lice, and may carry bacteria, will affect health.
Dutch researchers point out that rodents like Dutch pigs may carry bacteria that cause severe pneumonia. Dr. Bart Ramakers, a Dutch intensive care physician and the author of the latest report, pointed out that doctors and veterinary doctors should pay more attention to the fact that doctors and veterinary doctors did not think that the pathogen could infect humans, but this study found that the pathogen could be transmitted from Dutch pigs to humans. The bacteria are also found in rabbits, dogs and horses.
When Dutch pigs are constantly rubbing their bodies (especially ears) and shedding hair, their owners should suspect whether they are infected with fleas or lice. These parasites not only affect the health of Dutch pigs, but also can infect their owners. Under normal circumstances, as long as the owners ensure that the Dutch pig living environment is clean and regular disinfection, there will be no infection of Atrina or lice. If they are infected by ectoparasites, they can be easily eliminated by insecticides. It should be noted that when pigs are infected with parasites, their owners should isolate them and feed them until the parasites are completely removed.
Skin disease is another susceptible disease of Dutch pigs. Skin diseases caused by mold can cause hair loss in the diseased parts of Dutch pigs, and this disease can also be transmitted to people and their own species. Once it is found that Dutch pigs suffer from this disease, the owner should immediately do three things to treat the Dutch pigs in time, disinfect their houses and feed them in isolation. You should also pay attention to the cleaning of your hands to prevent infection by mold. The blue pigs like to eat fruits very much. If you feed grapes, cut the grapes in half and make sure there are no seeds in them. Never feed bananas to Dutch pigs! Because bananas are rich in potassium, they can cause urinary tract diseases in Dutch pigs.
The disadvantage of raising Dutch pigs is that they taste very strong, especially in summer.
The method of Dutch pig breeding is as follows:
1. Guinea pigs are also called guinea pigs, Dutch mice, Dutch pigs, sea pigs, etc., hereinafter referred to as Dutch pigs.
2. Dutch pigs are also warm blooded animals. Although they have fur, they are still afraid of cold and heat. They like to live in a warm and quiet environment.
Too strong light can cause puncture in the pig’s eyes. Pigs are naturally afraid of water, so don’t let them be exposed to strong sunlight for a long time, and don’t let them swim.
3. There are two ways to raise pigs: cages, as the name suggests, in cages. Its advantages are easy to manage and easy to clean. The disadvantage is that pigs are angry or may eat bites and sounds that affect the environment.
4. Free range, as opposed to cage, has the advantage of making it easier for pigs to adapt to their owners. The disadvantage is that pigs who don’t go to the toilet are just nightmares, urinating or defecating.
5. The staple food is Dutch pig food and grass. These two are necessary. Infinity, other similar fruits and vegetables, you can give him a snack.
Although the Dutch pig controls its own amount, it must keep the food bowl full because it may need to eat at any time. It should be made of ceramic or stainless steel. It has a certain weight and is not easy to overturn. Some taboo food: first of all, bean products, such as: tofu, tofu contains more calcium, which will react with oxalic acid in some vegetables to form calcium oxalate, which will produce harmful effects on guinea pigs.
6. The first time, the most common standard: a cage 30, a packet of 2.5 kg of food (a pig enough to eat two months) 21 yuan. Two pounds of grass (a pig a month) 20 yuan, a total of more than 70 yuan. This is basically the minimum investment. If you want better cages or food, it depends on your financial situation.
According to personal preference
My personal opinion is cats. I have three cats now
If you’re a cat, it’s nice to be a cat.
Cats can go to the toilet, can also take a bath, selling cute coquettish all kinds of benefits.
The Dutch pig can only be used as a pet, and it is dirty and smelly. It is not as good as the cat’s relatives.
You can keep whatever you like
The student party and pets all need to be approved by their parents. You don’t have to choose cats. Unless your parents keep them for you and are willing to pay for them, you can’t keep them at all. Just now, some people’s cat eyes have been inflamed for several weeks, and their parents have refused to go to the hospital. Guinea pigs are said to cry when they are hungry. They want to eat pig food, eat hay, and buy bedding to see if you can raise them. I have a netizen who raised guinea pigs. According to her saying, I regret raising them. It stinks… But some people say it’s tasteless. You can go to “Dutch pig” and have a look. First, it will cost more than 100 to buy a cage
Hamsters are very small in size and have a life span of only 2-3 years. They should be provided with cages, running wheels, nests, drinking fountains and special feed for hamsters. Generally speaking, hamsters can’t be raised in groups. They can only live in one cage. (I once raised five hamsters crazily, and only one died in a fight). Hamsters are not very close relatives. They are fierce in the first line, Generally speaking, hamsters only need to be put in the cage to watch. It’s better not to take them out to play, otherwise it will run away. Oh ~ a Dutch pig is only half a hand when it is young. When it is mature, it depends on whether you feed it well. If you are as big as a kitten, it has a long life. If you are ready to raise it, We should be prepared to accompany it for 10 years. To raise a Dutch pig, we should prepare a special cage (rabbit cage is OK), which is the kind of wire mesh under it. It can eat and pull, so it will fall directly, It’s easy to clean. Special feed and forage should be used for feeding. Some vegetables and fruits should be given to strengthen nutrition. (PS: it can really eat. Oh, it will chirp when it’s hungry.) after a long time of raising Dutch pigs, they will know their relatives, know their owners, and they can use food to train them to jump in circles. (anyway, they can learn everything to eat.) as for the problem of stink, The main thing is whether the owner loves to be clean. If the mouse pad material is not changed for a long time, even the hamster will stink. I just said the outline, detailed problems you can go to Baidu’s Dutch pig bar and hamster bar to have a look, will certainly help you
Chinchilla belongs to plateau animals, not easy to get sick; chinchilla is very clean, with parasites. Dutch pig words are very smelly, chinchilla has no taste! I like this!
When the weather is hot, turn on the air conditioner. Because it is hairy, if conditions permit, give it a comfortable temperature and it will be more happy
Chinchillas are native to the Andes Mountains in South America. Caves and crevices at an altitude of 1600 feet are the habitat of chinchillas. The local weather is dry, and the temperature difference between day and night is very large, which should be a bit similar to Urumqi. Its fur is mainly used for keeping warm and preventing water loss.
Chinchilla will be more expensive than Dutch pig. Good coat color will be thousands or even more. Generally, it will cost several hundred, depending on the situation of different places. We have about 300 cheaper varieties here, and the better varieties of Dutch pigs are 300, generally more than 10 yuan
If I had the spare money to keep pets and had to choose from these two species, I would have definitely chosen chinchilla for the odor free point. Besides, the chinchilla is also super cute… Ha ha
However, no matter how you like it, it depends on what you like. After all, what you like is the best
Hello, landlord. As a girl’s aesthetic, I think it’s chinchilla, because I’ve also raised a lot of cute hamsters (Dutch pigs haven’t)… But human nature doesn’t say… It’s really noisy… But animals are lovely. As long as you love them… I have two Tomcat couples in my family ~ one mark gray and one pure white ~ hee hee ~ because I haven’t raised a Dutch pig, so I say so ~ my baby They can do some tricks like shaking hands and bowing and so on. They are as smart as dogs. They are very human. They love to be clean. They don’t have parasites. Because chinchillas grow 40-60 hairs in each pore. Parasites can’t survive. My baby has learned that he can go to the toilet (there is a special toilet in the cage).. if the sawdust is not changed for a few days, they will feel dirty. They will urinate outside. They will play small Temperaments… My home is Liaoning, which is colder than you. Now it’s 20 degrees below zero ~ it’s 20 degrees above zero in summer. But you don’t keep pets outdoors ~ ~ the lowest temperature that chinchilla can bear is 5 ¡æ above zero.. dry is the best. What longmao likes most is the dry and fresh climate. My house is the top floor, so the corridor is closed. Cats are kept in the corridor. It’s very reassuring. Feed more at four o’clock every day A staple food or grass. I just sleep during the day. I can get to know you. Let’s have a look at my cat and children ~ photos and so on ~ their eyes are super beautiful and round~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As for the price ~ longcat is more expensive ~ ~ ~ standard gray 400-700 (individual breeding will be cheaper 2) ~ ~ color cat 1000-4000 (price is very high) range ~ but there are purebred impure species ~ personality health is very important ~ ~ ~ this is the same as dog selection ~ ~ ~ dog dealer, cat dealer, rat dealer all have ~ ~ ~ varies from person to person ~ ~ Dutch pig 30-300, have seen more than 500.. looks super cute ~ Yan The color is more bright, not like chinchilla. They are all white, black, black and gray ~ ~ I haven’t raised them before. I can’t help you… But I really want to keep pets with my fate~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the “reason why I like chinchilla” written by a boss who bought chinchilla products~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They are lovely animals
They want to be pampered, and when you show it, they understand
They will make themselves very dry. They have no parasites
Their fur is so soft and warm
They are quiet little animals
They can spend the weekend alone, without your concern
Their food is very cheap (only 60 yuan a month)
They are ready to play with you when you come home from work
For most people with animal allergic reaction, they will not be allergic to chinchilla
They are smart, curious and extremely interesting~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If you want to know the written information, just type “dragon cat” Baidu entry. There is no need to answer again. I can recite all the information. I absolutely did not copy other information. Except for this “reason”… But it is also the voice of a pet lover. I think it is very practical ~… I have raised a lot of dogs before… But the dog Bureau There are many restrictions. I really can’t bear to be hungry when there is no one in the daytime. Chinchilla only sleeps in the daytime. When I come back in the afternoon, I’ll wait for you by the cage. Ha ha. My family treat them as family members. I hope you can become my cat friend too
I’ve had a chinchilla. I bought it in gray. It’s about 400-550 in Beijing. It’s the normal price. White and black are more expensive. Maybe 1000 or so. But chinchilla knows its owner very much and must keep it from childhood. Besides, Longmai is a rodent. It likes to make sounds at night, but when it loses its temper, it still puts on its expression. Ha ha ha, cute… Chinchillas can be fatal.. But it’s OK to eat Huoxiang in time.)
Dutch pig see breed 10 ~ 200 have
That child I take out to play, whether it is clothes, wires or books, take care of it…
I like chinchilla… Dutch pigs don’t live as long as chinchillas
Here is a brief introduction:
Chinese Name: dragon cat
They are also known as Meriones, chinchillas, chinchillas
Body shape characteristic weight: male 400-500g / female 450-800g; body length 20-25cm; tail length 7-15cm. The appearance of the long tailed and short tailed species is very similar to rabbit and squirrel, with small and fat body, head like rabbit and tail like squirrel. The velvet mouse has a pair of big and bright eyes, a lot of long and short whiskers on the side of the nose, and is sensitive to touch. The ears are large and thin and obtuse. The forelimb is short, has 5 toes, hind limb is strong, have 4 toes, good at jumping.
Habits It is a nocturnal animal. It is gentle and timid. It likes quiet environment and is sensitive to the surrounding environment. When frightened, it gives out a long alarm like crying; when angry, it makes a “hissing” or “snoring” sound like a snake; when it is angry, it makes a soft sound like a pigeon “Coo” sound. The female chinchilla is dominant in the colony. If the male and female bite, the female will win. But when the male and female are raised together, they get along very well and seldom fight. Sitting on the hind legs, using the small claws of the forelimb to deliver food to the mouth, the amount of food is not large, and is used to eating many times a meal.
The skin, stems and branches of edible herbs or shrubs, cactus, hay and seeds.
The life cycle is nearly 20 years
English Name: guinea pig
Chinese Name: guinea pig
Body length: 22 ~ 34cm
Weight: 400 ~ 700g
Genus: Mammalia, Rodentia, guinea pig family
Guinea pig is the general name of the rodent family guinea pig, named for its fat, stupid and long head like a pig. It’s also called a Dutch pig. There are 5 genera and 15 species of guinea pig family, which are native to South America. It inhabits rock slope, grassland, forest edge and swamp. They live in caves and gather small groups of 5-10 individuals. They seek food at night and mainly eat the green parts of plants. It propagates all the year round, and produces 1-7 offspring per fetus. Seven.
The life span of a Dutch pig can be as long as 10 years. You must be mentally prepared before you raise it. Make sure you don’t have cats or dogs in your house that will hurt them. He has to drink water and food every day. His excrement will smell. Sometimes he will make a sound and bite.
Chinchillas are easy to raise
Although they are all vegetarians, the chinchilla has no taste, and the Dutch pig is very coquettish. The poop of chinchilla is obviously less than that of the Dutch pig, and the urine is also less.
The Dutch pig has been eating it all the time, but the chinchilla gives two grasses during the day and a handful of chinchilla food at night. The rummaged Dutch pig I raised can eat one cabbage, two cucumbers, one third red lop and half steamed bread a day.
So while eating and pulling, eating and urinating.
But the Dutch pig brain is not developed enough, not as agile as chinchilla. Therefore, I feel that Dutch pig is more docile than chinchilla, because chinchilla is agile and always full of curiosity. He likes to see here and there.
Chinchillas are more likely to have relatives than Dutch pigs. More understanding of human nature.
If you have a Dutch pig, you can’t clean up the excrement and urine. And it’s all coquettish.
Of course, it’s chinchilla. First of all, from the perspective of climate, chinchilla is more suitable for your environment!
The temperature difference between day and night in chinchilla’s hometown, the Andes, is very large~
However, it should not be too hot. Problems will occur if the temperature is above 30 ¡æ. The night temperature should not be lower than 0 ¡æ
If it’s good… It should be a Dutch pig, but it’s dirty!
Many people say that it is difficult to raise a chinchilla, but a little less heart will take care of it very well ~ chinchilla rarely gets sick. In addition, chinchilla is born with no resistance to fungi & cold virus! Rare aseptic pet in the world! In short, it is very clean!
Finally, I suggest that chinchilla… I think your place is very suitable for its life